Snyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: Quick price check - H & R Handi Rifle Sen Stock 357 Ma

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar

Quick price check - H & R Handi Rifle Sen Stock 357 Ma

I know ti will vary with geographical area but can anyone tell me what a "fair price" is on a H & R "Handi Rifle" - synthetic stock - chambered in 357 Mag. - excellent / like new condition? Thanks.

Boolit Grand Master
    I'm no expert but I'd give $250 for one of those. Plus or minus depending on the intensity of the itch.

As mine is a pretty good shooter even with the Looong throat. I wouldn't take $350 for it. Above that, maybe. Gp

Go look at the barrels available for sale on evilbay.

Prices range a lot from pretty reasonable for common to 500$ for rare.
    Receivers can still be found in the 75-85$ price range, stocks from 50-100$.
    Then there can be some issues with fitting together a pieced up H&R. Some lock up, some do not.

They do NOT make them any more. I'm not selling any of mine, and most guys I've talked to with more than 2 are not selling theirs.

If I did not have mine, I would go to 500$ for one easy. But I have what I want.

But for .357mag in good condition, as a full complete unit. I would not expect to find one for less than 400$.

Hope that helps.

Unfortunately, those are likely accurate want prices and sell prices, respectively.

Boolit Buddy
    I paid $225 for mine about 7 yrs ago, reamed it out to .357 Max, I wouldn't take twice as much for it now.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

I'm not crazy about them I've owned several that I took on trade in 223 mostly. A sprinkling of others. The only new ones I bought were 22Hornets when H&R was clearing out for NEF take over. I don't own one because what people are willing to pay for them. At $350 or more them dudes are going down the road. At that money there are a lot of BAs avaible. New low end and used BAs saturate the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    I'm not crazy about them I've owned several that I took on trade in 223 mostly. A sprinkling of others. The only new ones I bought were 22Hornets when H&R was clearing out for NEF take over. I don't own one because what people are willing to pay for them. At $350 or more them dudes are going down the road. At that money there are a lot of BAs avaible. New low end and used BAs saturate the market.
    Unfortunately not many low end makers make a .357

Boolit Grand Master

You can have a brand new Henry single shot in 357 magnum for about $370 out the door, taxes and everything. Paying that much or more for an H&R is foolish.

If it is an SB1 frame, $175 is fair for one in great condition. On an SB2 frame, I'd go up to $250. They aren't worth more than that, no matter what the price gougers say.

The new Win 350 is about same as 357. There is low end models of them coming out. The last couple years I sighted in a couple Ruger 77/357s and they were surprisingly accurate. Don't know what they go for used. We just got Rifle in Ohio a few years ago and most watch to much TV and buy 45/70s. A 357 or 44 mag would be a more practical choice in SE Ohio.

Boolit Buddy
    Some may call it price gouging but the reality of it is availability and demand, there are a few calibers out there that are very hard to find and the prices reflect that, the Handiholics over at Grey Beards Outdoor (GBO) can attest to that.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

I have that same synthetic stock 357mag Handi. It’s too accurate to let go. I saw what the people on GB said about them, but when I put up a cherry 44mag handi, nobody wanted it at anything less than a giveaway. What’s said, and what’s accomplished are two separate things I found. I’d see if $250 would buy it.

Boolit Master
    Cva Triditions,And Henry ,and Rossi all make single shots in pistols or rifle caliber.

Rather have a Contender, but they are still sought after.

Boolit Master

Pardon my ignorance.
    I thought bbl's had to be fitted to a Rcvr.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Quote Originally Posted by Walks View Post
    Pardon my ignorance.
    I thought bbl's had to be fitted to a Rcvr.
    Some will fit as-is, some require fitting. Not usually that big a deal. I think someone said about 60% would swap.
    I've had some of each.