Load DataInline FabricationWidenersSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: Is this a BAD thing? Henry 45 colt

Boolit Buddy

Is this a BAD thing? Henry 45 colt

Pics are from the breech end through the side. There is a a fair sided chip in the leading edge of the barrel, just to the left of the loading ramp. There is a crack (cant see in pic) extending from the point of the chip to the left about 3/16" long. Have only shot about 150 rnds through this new rifle. Pics are upside down for some reason.Attachment 246727Attachment 246728
    Last edited by Schreck5; 08-15-2019 at 07:45 AM.

Banned
    Good grief...
    Send it back for warranty repair.

North Central Montana; across the wide Missouri
    Give Henry a chance to exercise their great warranty. They will be happy to have it.

Banned
    That stinks about your new rifle. I had a problem with a brand new Henry in 357 mag.

There was a tool mark all the way down the bore.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0002.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	246729

I had a less than satisfying experience with Henry. I sent them an email and attached the photos.

Their response was "tool marks are a normal part of the manufacturing process."

I finally got it resolved. They refunded me the cost of the rifle but would not cover taxes, shipping, dealer handling charges or my DROS fee. So I was out over $100. Needless to say I won't be buying a Henry again.

I am not upset about the barrel condition. In my opinion things like that happen every day. But I think that they could have been a little more generous in their refund policy. They could have said something like "We know you are taking a hit on this rifle. But here is a coupon for $100 off another new Henry of your choice."

I hope you have better luck.

Steve in N CA

Boolit Buddy
    I had an opposite experience with Henry concerning tooling marks in the barrel of my .44 mag BB steel. I called them. Told them that the barrel had tooling marks and I was not going to fire the rifle and I wanted the barrel replaced. They sent me a shipping slip. I dropped it off at UPS and had it back with a new barrel in about 2 weeks. Cant ask for more.

Banner Sponsor

When we had a fire in our shop a few years back, my Son's Henry Eagle Scout edition 22 was sitting on the bench and got toasted pretty hard. My wife wrote to ask if it could be refurbished or anything, they said to send it back. They sent back a brand new rifle complete with display case from the CEO.
    I don't know how much better that could have been.

Banned
    I know there are several people who have had excellent responses from Henry. I was not one of them.

I got shafted by CZ USA also.

Just sayin'.

Do I think people should stop doing business with either company? Of course not. The odds of getting a bad gun are slim. But in the last three years I have bought and sold a lot of firearms. So my odds went up.

I'm not bitter, just realistic.

Boolit Master
    I had an issue with the magazine of an early 45-70 and ended up with a nice 44 mage and bunch of schwag from Mr Imperato nothing but excellent service.

It does look like tooling marks. But a crack in the chamber it would go back quickly.