Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please... Look beyond where you are shooting

Boolit Master

Please... Look beyond where you are shooting

Just saw this today.

https://kstp.com/news/4-charged-afte...5457231/?cat=1

No excuse for it, IMO.

It should not have happened.

None of us who are responsible firearms owners need this kind of publicity.

Ever...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Banned

Boolit Master
    Great movie, and as well, Great advice!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Boolit Grand Master
    Just four stupid guys, doing what comes naturally to them.
    People these days look at firearms as toys, not tools.

Boolit Grand Master

“ The complaint states the bullet was likely fired by a Glock 19, which was used only by Blake Martin, but testing wasn't fully sufficient for a determination.”

Wasnt this one of the reasons Glock went away from polygonal rifling. Hope the guy has a full recovery. Sad truth is, the charges won’t stick as there is no way to prove who actually fired the gun and will go to jury trial and will be acquitted.

Boolit Master

Prayers for those effected.

Spot on NONE OF US NEED THIS!

“The attorney's office said hunting and target shooting is legal, but every shooter is 100% responsible for assuring they have a sufficient backstop before shooting.”

Know your target and “WHATS BEYOND” is part of NRA teachings everyone could use a refresher on at some Point.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

I consider this reckless imprudence & not just some clueless negligence.
    There is accountability in every discharge of a firearm, accidental or intentional.
    Either one is safe or not, there is no gray area when it comes to pulling the trigger.
    Hope the guy recovers fully.
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Boolit Master
    I wish everyone was held to the same standard , not just a shooter .

Boolit Buddy

Please... Look beyond where you are shooting

Anyone else think a 400-633yd shot out of a 4” G19 resulting in a chest penetration and a broken scapula seem like a stretch?

I’m not condoning these guys’ poor choices for safety, but if this is true then I want whatever ammo he was using for my 9mm carry pistols.

Boolit Buddy
    We lost a local sand pit because kids started to do stupid stuff : shoot tanks, clay shooting with ARs sending bullets all over the place. Old man I saw there said that he was up in the tree hunting and he had bullets going right by his tree stand. Nobody got hurt and cops kicked everyone out and closed the road off. I dont blame them but i'm pissed because it was a nice shooting place.

Boolit Master

Its been said... Every bullet that leaves your barrel has a lawyer attached...

They where on a hill or crest of a hill. So the distance is not that surprising.

Reminds me of my child hood shooting Squirrels. I would only shoot them on limbs when it aligned with a tree behind. It was always a 50/50 if I shot one in a crook if they would fall free or Id have to climb... (Head shots)

CW

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Grand Master

It got so bad here in Az with people shooting with no backstop I do not shoot in the desert anymore. Had bullets going by me 3 or 4 times at least. Not hard to find a good back stop around here.

Boolit Master

A good reminder. I'll include it in the next class I teach.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idz View Post
    A good reminder. I'll include it in the next class I teach.
    So will we, when the next class starts Monday the 19th.

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

Boolit Master
    and we all pay the price for the few morons. most road signs around here has a bullet hole in it. some even shot up the solar farm behind our place. they had some of the bullets they were steel core we think some one was banging away with a 91-30. either trying to hit it or just not knowing or caring where they where landing. it was 800-1000 yds. away.

Boolit Grand Master

You are responsible for any bullet you fire until its expended all its energy not hit the target or backstop until its laying there no longer moving. A lot don't realize how far a bullet can travel. A lot don't realize the energy a bullet has coming down of its own weight from it trajectory.
    When the ranges are hot at camp perry sections 3 5 and 7 of lake erie are closed to boaters. this an area measured in miles

History gives a view on this even. Elmer Keith is reported to have taken a deer at around 600yds with an early 4" smith and Wesson 29. Ethical not really but documented in several magazines of the day. This was a 240 grn slug probably around 1400 fps at the muzzle. Then there is one of the earliest, Billy Dixon and some hunters holed up in a fort with Indians backed off to a knoll. He takes a 50 cal sharps rifle and takes the chief down at 1500 yds. This would have been a Black Powder loaded round bullet weight of around 500 grns and 1200 fps. This was documented by the army at the time. Then there is the testing of the 45-70 and 45-90 at out to 2 miles ( I believe this was Sandy Hook) for penetration and accuracy. Modern highs velocity rounds with efficient bullets ( high BC) should be even more impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by EMR View Post
    Anyone else think a 400-633yd shot out of a 4” G19 resulting in a chest penetration and a broken scapula seem like a stretch?

I’m not condoning these guys’ poor choices for safety, but if this is true then I want whatever ammo he was using for my 9mm carry pistols.
    Handguns are vastly underrated and are capable of things that folks who never shoot past 7 yards won't believe. Trust me; you do not want a person who knows the full capabilities of their gun and load shooting at you at a quarter mile or more. Elmer described the flat shooting qualities of the 9mm cartridge. He was not a fan of it for hunting or defense but admired it's accuracy and trajectory.

Search youtube for a video testing .22 long rifle rounds in ballistics jell at 300 yards. 4 layers of denim and still penetrated several inches into the jell.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Grand Master

CountryGent;

Elmer Keith's six hundred yard shot was at a previously wounded deer. He was trying to do the humane thing.

FWIW
    Dale53

Boolit Master

According to the complaint, one of the adults told deputies he thought they were shooting away from the road and "checked it on Google Maps."
    That's a good idea but doesn't take the place of common sense!
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks for that additional information, I gad read vague reports on it that didn't mention that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast