Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
PBcastcoLee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: help uploading photos

Boolit Bub

help uploading photos

tried to upload pic it is a jpeg and less than 3mb says ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,upload of file failed

What kind of computer and program are you using? For example, Windows 8.1 on a HP desk model.

Boolit Bub
    windows 8 with chrome on laptop

Boolit Master

Most picture problems are due to picture size. You can get an image resizer from downloads.com it should be free. Get the picture down to about 1meg and it should load without a hitch.

Moderator Emeritus

shadowjames -- Re posting pictures, it is not thaaaat much of a challenge. Here's what I do, and it works 90% of the time -- I'll address that 10% later . First thing I do is select the photo, and copy it to my desktop, primarily so I easily know where it is for the next step. Once you have the photo now where I know it is, I go to the Site -- you picked a good spot -- and write whatever brilliance (I wish ) I hope to share. Then, I look at those little icons in the tool-bar which appears above the writing area for the post -- hey, I printed it here for you: Click image for larger version.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CB tool bar.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	246762
    and, in the far-right group. click on the FOURTH icon from left -- "Insert Image". Now, click "choose from file" and here is where you select the photo now on desktop you wish to post. Not done yet -- alllmost -- one last step is for you to click "Upload file(s)".
    Voila -- on your post should now appear in brackets the word, "ATTACH" followed by an equal sign, and their name for your image. Now... to that 10%: In MY experience, a rare photo will not "work", and it is -- in my case -- that the SIZE of the image I'd hope to post is too big/large. My simple solution is to reduce its size -- when I copy it to the Desktop, I have left my original image intact -- so I can easily shrink image size for posting here without changing original. And, I'm certain there may be other snafu's -- perhaps an unrecognized photo format (I use *.jpg)?
    Good luck... there are many answers to photo-posting questions on this site, too, should I have not been successful in guiding you.

Boolit Bub
    no i did all that says failed to upload size is less the 3mb should be good and cant seem to figure out how to resize

Banned
    the size needs to be around 200 KB

Tried 2 different ways. I get this every time: IMG_0738.jpg: Upload of file failed.

It means they are too big. As Conditor22 said max individual picture size is 200KB. Or if you have uploaded other pictures or files your storage limit may have been reached. If that is the case then you have 2 options, erase some or join Team Boolits to get more storage.

Here's a link explaining how to erase photos if you need to do that.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ttachment-file
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Went to my profile. There is no miscellaneous tab on that page. I looked for a long time. I have only a few photos uploaded, but there are some I could delete, if there was a way. However, when I try to upload, it shows I have not used near the maximum. So it must be the Jpeg is to large. Looked for a way to reduce the size without any success.

Edit: OK, I found it. It's not on the profile page, it's on the user CP page. So I deleted most of my photos. If someone can tell me how to reduce the size of my photos, I could use the help. Apple computer. Thanks.
    Last edited by Hardcast; 08-16-2020 at 05:21 PM.