Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationRepackbox
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: does anyone make an automated gas check maker that is available on the market

Boolit Bub

does anyone make an automated gas check maker that is available on the market

i am of the belief go big or go home, and would like to find an automated gas check maker, i know the big boys have them them but have yet to find who makes them,,, i think they engineer their own, does anyone know of a manufacturer of one that is open to sale to public or business, thanks for any info

Boolit Master

NO

Closest I got was
    https://www.amazon.com/Ton-Electric-.../dp/B078MCN6DX

and no feed on it

Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master

If you make your own press mounted dies you can make a hundred checks in few minutes. Unless you're going into business that should be a good enough production rate.

There was a member about 2 years ago that had automated his setup. I got some 22 caliber aluminum from him at the time. I looked last year for him and he hadn't posted in a while.
    You might can do search and locate the posts.. He was kicking out about one or two a second.....

Make sure your feed is in line with your stroke on a simple arbor press.
    So a simple electric 12v dc rc motor with a polie and coil guidance, a simple pneumatic cylinder with compressor, some electronics based on a 555 clock ic, wil do the trick.
    Every second a gs.
    Make sure when you are going to test, you build in some room to get a bigger or smaller poelie for feeding so you can adjust how much the coil will travel into your die.

The cylinder and the compressor will be the most expensive part.
    The cylinder and compressor can also be used on your lube sizer for continuous lube pressure.

Instead you can also go for arduino to "program" the time, very handy for measuring powder in a 505 scale with a tricler.
    They laser (eye) will watch when the needle is at zero and will stop the trickler.
    Have fun