Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad DataWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Devastating accident

Moderator Emeritus

Gee whiz, fatelk! This is awful! Of all the things that can happen to us, figuring out why God lets things like this happen, out of the blue, is probably the hardest. I'm praying that he'll be an example of a miraculous return from such injuries. It happens sometimes, and is what I believe we need to be praying for. Spinal injuries can do all sorts of things, like causing pain far from the actual problem. It takes time to heal from these type things. Maybe God wanted him to have some time to rethink some things in his life??? Who knows? But it's certainly no time to lose faith, but a time to use it, and reaffirm our devotion, and hopes in God. God be with you all.

Boolit Master

Thank you everyone. We really appreciate all the good words and prayers. I live in a different state, half a country away, but I keep up with everything by phone. He's out of the ICU and going to be starting the rehab process. Apparently he was able to twitch a finger or something, so that's good news. I think it's going to be a very long process.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Thank you for the follow up and good report as to moving to rehab .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

Good news and bad news. Good news is there are tiny signs of improvement each day. He can wiggle a couple more fingers and move a foot. It’s going to be a long, slow recovery, with no idea how much he’ll recover.

The bad news is they will be financially destroyed. The “insurance” they have is Samaritan Ministries, a cost sharing thing that maxes out at 250k. They’re already over that for the hospital, and the rehab center wants something like 50k in advance. I’m guessing they’ll end up losing their land just to pay for rehab.

Will be praying for everything involved in their situation . Though his improvement is small it should increase as strength is gained and ability to work at it . Thoughts and prayer for the family .

Boolit Master
    I'll include him in my prayers.

How about a go-fund-me account? Other folks do this for things that happen to them. Might be an option.

Boolit Master

Thank you. Yes, they’re working on a go-fund-me, and friends are organizing a community fundraiser as well. My sister is optimistic about a good degree of recovery, but she said he’s really taking it hard emotionally.

It’s been really rough, with my dad also in the hospital there with extremely serious heart trouble. When it rains it pours.

The older I get the more I realize how trouble and heartache are part of life. The good times, when everything is going well and everyone is happy, are the times to treasure and enjoy, because the tough times will come. I read enough of the update and prayer request threads on here to know that hard times hit us all at some point. The prayers and kind words of friends and strangers alike help tremendously.

Vendor Sponsor

Prayers sent.. being self employed I understand some of what the family will be facing
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master

Just saw this and praying for your BIL and your sister as well.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Moderator Emeritus

God bless all of you, each according to your respective needs. And a special prayer for your BIL and sister, for their return to good health and good spirits as soon as possible. And as to "starting over," if they made it once, they'll be able to do it again. Just have faith and the Lord will provide a way for all of you.

And BTW, does Soc. Sec. Disability cover situations like this? Something to check into???

Boolit Master

Update?
    Leonard Ravenhill

Prayers are on the way.

Maybe it is worth starting a fund raising campaign on https://www.gofundme.com/ There are many people around that are willed to help financially. If you get the word out here and maybe some other forums, maybe it will spread and help them keeping their land.

Quote Originally Posted by fatelk View Post
    Good news and bad news. Good news is there are tiny signs of improvement each day. He can wiggle a couple more fingers and move a foot. It’s going to be a long, slow recovery, with no idea how much he’ll recover.

The bad news is they will be financially destroyed. The “insurance” they have is Samaritan Ministries, a cost sharing thing that maxes out at 250k. They’re already over that for the hospital, and the rehab center wants something like 50k in advance. I’m guessing they’ll end up losing their land just to pay for rehab.
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Boolit Master

Sorry, slow to come back here. He's doing OK, in rehab. Recovery is going to be very slow going. The drs say they think he'll walk again eventually, and it looks like he'll most likely regain one arm, but the other side is not looking good, so far.

They do have a gofundme site set up. I'll have to get the info from my wife and post it later. It's been rough for them, my sister especially, dealing with an infant with medical problems also, and our dad and his heart attack and subsequent surgery. It's going to be a long road to recovery.

Prayers continue for all.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Prayer is sent , as Pine Baron said...to all involved .

Boolit Master

Hope it's OK to post a Gofundme link? Just if anyone is interested. I don't want to be presumptuous; we really don't expect strangers to contribute financially. We really value all the good words and prayers!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-for-eric-iler

Praying hard

Boolit Master

Good news! He was able to take a few steps today, with support. His hands and arms are making very slow but steady improvements too. It’s going to take a long time and a lot of work, but it’s looking good for the long haul.

Boolit Master

Amen! Thanks for the update, still praying for him and your daughter too!
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master

I think you mean my sister

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast