RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: ...........................Be still

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

...........................Be still

Psalm 46:10

.................................................. ..............................Be still, and know that I am God .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Moderator Emeritus

I am still trying to learn this lesson!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Humm guess I'll have to study this one for awhile.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Grand Master

In our society being still is a major challenge - but the typical focus is on the wrong word. Yes, still is a problem with all the immediate demands and distractions of cell phones, social media, etc. But for most American men the big problem lies simply in 'being'. We specialize in the verb 'to do', literally to the extent that, when we meet a new guy, typically the second question we ask is 'What do you do?' - meaning profession or work. Most of us with any experience can answer that several ways, to boot. We are really good at doing. It is how we identify ourselves.

Simply 'Being' is a major challenge for all of us. Probably less of a challenge for our wives, but even for them it's a challenge. Remember that 'being' is not the absence of doing, although that is usually where it starts. 'Being' is who I am when I am doing, as well.

To 'be still' is both to allow one simply to be, and to deliberately not do.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Bub
    Amen.

After almost 3 weeks in the hospital this simple sentence was driven home. It's in my head, it just has to be in my heart, some days that is easier then others.
    Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

Moderator Emeritus

We rush around chasing our personal goals and desires so much, it's hard to remember that our greatest thoughts and sentiments come in those small, still moments when we have dropped all those desires, and just communed with ourselves and the Lord. If we were good at "learning," we'd probably do a lot of things differently than we do.

Boolit Master

Amen!