Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: Magma Bullet Master

Boolit Mold

Magma Bullet Master

Magma claims somewhere between 4000-6000 bullets per hour but I have never actually talked to anyone thats run one. If anyone has experience with the mark 8 or one of the older models I'd appreciate any information I could get.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I run a mark 5 with many of the new upgrades. A realistic speed for me is approximately 2000-2500 boolits an hour. It's fair to mention that my old machine has a bit smaller fans. With the bigger fans on the new machines you may be able to run a bit faster.

The smaller the boolit the faster you can run! My record in one day is 19 000 100 gr swc. Then my machine ran non stop for 9 hours. That's about 2100 boolits an hour.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Thank you for replying, I would plan to run 200-250 grain rfn for the most part and Magma claims that's possible but I'm not so sure. Sounds like in your experience about half of that.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I cast a lot of 45s mostly 180 gr for the cowboys, but also some 250 gr RNFP. It's not a problem to cast this on these machines but then I have to run about half speed. The previous mentioned 105s were cast about 75% of full speed. I'm not sure how many of them I can cast in an hour but I'm guessing a hair shy of 1800

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    2000 per hour is realistic for standard boolits not large ones say 180-200 plus grains it slows by a few hundred 220-260 less a few hundred more 300 plus a few hundred more less

The larger the bullet, the slower the production. My Mark 6 will run about 1,500 to 2,000 per hour for 200 gr. .45 bullets, not including any little problems that may pop up to stop production, such as breaking a shear pin, or an air valve sticking open for no apparent reason and spewing lead all over everything. They are NOT turn on and forget machines.........

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Man
    Have used a MkII , MkV and MKVII. The old MKII was OK for 38 - 148 WC and smaller but had a small lead pot with external heating element. Could run about 1800 per hour on a good day, 1600 was usual.
    The others all had larger pots so 2000 per hour was doable for light bullets. Heavier stuff like 45Colt 255 gr RNFP about 1600 an hour...……
    Reloader Fred is right, you cannot just turn them on and walk away ! Running 2 machines at a time was no trouble unless you had a malfunction. Running 3 at a time was a bit much for me !

Boolit Master
    Running one automated, at times, glitchy master caster is enough headache for me