MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline FabricationWideners
Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any experience with the RIA 1911 TAC ULTRA FS in 9mm

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!
    I have two RIA 1911's and frankly, would trust my life to them without question. The only fault I found was with the 8 round mags (made in Italy) supplied with the gun. If fully loaded, the gun has a bit of trouble feeding that first round so I load 7 and one chambered. I agree about the somewhat shallow rifling, but to be fair they're designed for jacketed bullets. I am thinking of replacing the stock barrel with a better quality one, just for giggles.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    What are you sizing them to, and what powder charge? The 9mm seems more picky about these factors than just about any other round!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    What are you sizing them to, and what powder charge? The 9mm seems more picky about these factors than just about any other round!
    I size to .357. This works in all my other 9mm handguns and shoots great groups in most of them. It feeds fine in this one but the groups were poor.
    I had a similar problem with the barrels in my Taurus PT92. I replaced the barrel with a Beretta M9 barrel and the problem disappeared.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ia.redneck View Post
    I'm betting you will like it.
    I have 2 RIA's, a 10mm and the 9mm/22TCM combo.
    All shoot very well.
    I've the 22 combo as well, my son is in love!! A flat shooting 22 (shades of FN), 17 rd cap, amazing what it does to a 2x4 at 50yds. I almost like it better than the SA 45 1911. Note the original Para mags should fit the double stack well.

Boolit Grand Master

Greetings
    We have one so far. Wanted a compact 1911 and decided to give the RIA a whirl.
    As accurate as any 1911 I have bought to include some that were high dollar. Reliable so far with all our cast loads and mags. Very nice crisp trigger. All that for $325 out the door.
    Mike in LLama Land
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master

I had mine out today along with my Canik tp9sf. There was some brown stuff on front of the RIA. Im like oh rust! But how? It wasn't. It looked almost like imitation leather gets when it flakes. I have no idea where it came from. After i cleaned it off had a great time shooting. Ran my new Ruger MK4 too.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12