Load DataTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking For some 38 S&W brass

Boolit Buddy

Looking For some 38 S&W brass

Hey guys, I need a little 38 S&W brass. Don't need much 30-50 pieces. Best friend has a gun and no ammo for it. Let me know, thanks, Wallace in Georgia

Moderator Emeritus

I have some brand new, factory primed, 50 in a box .38 S&W brass, I bought from Midway for a few pennies less than $16.00, plus of course, shipping. I would neither wish to make -- or lose -- a penny if you/your friend has interest in it. USPS commands $7.90 for a small box -- https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-m...E&gclsrc=aw.ds -- so, $23.90 gets a box of fifty to your door. No worries if you wish it or not -- as stated, I have absolutely NO need to sell any -- just writing this offer soley to help out if no other sources appear. I have had a few firearms through the years with no apparent source of fodder or components -- so I hope this may help. Then again, another site member or two may have some to send your way.
    PM me if you wish to execute purchase.
    geo

Boolit Master
    Since those are already primed don’t they have to be shipped hazmat UPS? Just asking for my own future reference.

Boolit Master
    no for your info

Boolit Buddy
    Georgerkhan, I appreciate the thought, but I can't afford that pricing. I was just at a shop and they had the ammo for $20.90 for a box of 50 factory loads. I don't consider that caliber cases to be valuable, so if anyone has any at a much cheaper price, am interested. Wallace

Boolit Master

Let me Look Im pretty sure I have some.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Bub
    If CW doesn’t have any. I may.
    If your talking 38 special
    TT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boolit Master
    make them from cut down 38 special brass cost you nothing

Boolit Bub
    That answers my question.
    Not 38 special.
    I have none

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlezx View Post
    make them from cut down 38 special brass cost you nothing
    My caliper shows my 38S&Ws slightly wider than 38SPL on the straight part of case as does the dimensional drawings I’ve looked at.

Anyone know if this is an issue when cutting down cases? Been meaning to try this for my lemon squeezer (still has solid lockup so it’s an interesting shoot).

Boolit Buddy
    I have been reading on this idea. Loading manual says not to use special brass. Says width is not same and special brass is much thicker when cut down. I think it could be done if careful, but in my case I want the cases to say 38 S&W because they will be for my friend who is not a reloader and don't want to confuse him or anyone else looking at them down the road. Cwlongshot, let me know what you find. Thanks, Wallace

Boolit Bub
    I have some once fired will send PM

Boolit Bub

Walllacem: I have 41 pieces of Browning S&W once fired brass in the box. I can probably put them in a Zip-Loc baggie and send them to you in a post office tyvec shipping envelope for less than a small flat rate box with the box, if you pay for postage.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks friends, I accepted Thomas Creek's offer. Wallacem

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by wallacem View Post
    Georgerkhan, I appreciate the thought, but I can't afford that pricing. I was just at a shop and they had the ammo for $20.90 for a box of 50 factory loads. I don't consider that caliber cases to be valuable, so if anyone has any at a much cheaper price, am interested. Wallace
    No worries, Wallace -- and I'm ever so happy to read other good folks on the site have come through to get some .38 S&W brass headed your way! (I was not "wanting to sell". so in a way it's a win-win for us both! Re pricing, for kicks and giggles, I checked Midway site, and albeit they're out of stock (I ordered five boxes, and they sent me their "last four") price I paid is what I advised you, and still is...)).

A post questioning mail ability of primed brass piqued my interest, so I clicked on the USPS web-site, and -- for me -- a trip to the UPS Store, with primed brass box having an ORM-D label affixed would have been mandated ! I've attached a cropped screen-shot from the USPS web-site re their classification of primers as "prohibited".Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USPS Primer Regs.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	246572

BEST with your .38 S&W!
    geo

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by georgerkahn View Post
    A post questioning mail ability of primed brass piqued my interest, so I clicked on the USPS web-site, and -- for me -- a trip to the UPS Store, with primed brass box having an ORM-D label affixed would have been mandated ! I've attached a cropped screen-shot from the USPS web-site re their classification of primers as "prohibited".Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USPS Primer Regs.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	246572
    Just FYI, I believe that USPS would have sent you away regardless of labeling, but you could have used UPS or Fedex. The best writeup on this I’ve seen was at accurate shooter, but to stay on-site, m-tecs copied the information in post 6 of http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...g-primed-brass

I’ve shipped primed brass by USPS, mistakenly thinking it was allowed.

Moderator Emeritus

[QUOTE=JimB..;4705021]Just FYI, I believe that USPS would have sent you away regardless of labeling, but you could have used UPS or Fedex.

YES! Exactly what I attempted to convey -- reinforcing same with chart I pasted from USPS web-site clearly indicating all primer-packages are "prohibited." You can re-read what I wrote, "and -- for me -- a trip to the UPS Store, with primed brass box having an ORM-D label affixed would have been mandated." Closest FedEx to me is 72 miles south by south-west, leaving UPS as closest/best. There's a "UPS Store" in my village, with awesome copying and printing, too, but they defer any/all firearm related items to their hub -- a few miles out.
    Thanks...
    geo

Boolit Master
    [QUOTE=georgerkahn;4705225]
    Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    Just FYI, I believe that USPS would have sent you away regardless of labeling, but you could have used UPS or Fedex.

YES! Exactly what I attempted to convey -- reinforcing same with chart I pasted from USPS web-site clearly indicating all primer-packages are "prohibited." You can re-read what I wrote, "and -- for me -- a trip to the UPS Store, with primed brass box having an ORM-D label affixed would have been mandated." Closest FedEx to me is 72 miles south by south-west, leaving UPS as closest/best. There's a "UPS Store" in my village, with awesome copying and printing, too, but they defer any/all firearm related items to their hub -- a few miles out.
    Thanks...
    geo
    Sorry about misreading your post, guess I expected to see USPS and blew right over it.

Boolit Master
    i would like to know where you found 38sw for 20 a box? i would buy some

Boolit Master
    saw that $20 good luck think i paid that 25 years ago

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast