Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Martini in 357 MAX

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreed View Post
    Attachment 260376Attachment 260377
    Here’s my other martini, it’s not as sexy as the op’s rifle as it’s still in uniform but it uses untrimmed .32-20 brass. Just a little bit shorter than a 357 max. It’s a sweetheart too.
    have a 310 cadet in uniform..,,, but not as nice as yours pictured,,,trade off I guess

blackbahart, you’ve got a lot of whittling to do to get that huge block of wood down to a martini stock. I tried to find a decent military Cadet in .310 but folks wanted too much for them imo so I took a gamble on mine that was all there but a .32-20. I had read horror stories about rechambered Martinis but i had also read good stories. Either way you’ve got to make brass [or pay too much] but luckily mine does fine with plentiful .32-20 after its blown out. I use 30 carbine sizer dies, a homemade expander die and a .32-20 seater die. The only oddity is that i have to just barely run my loads back into another carbine sizer die [of course without a decapping pin] to get them to drop all the way into the chamber. I can’t measure a difference between the re-resized loads or the loads after just seating a bullet but it works.

yes forming brass from 32-30 to make the 310 cadet for my original ..As for you having to run the loaded case back through carbine sizing die to make them work so be it

yes there was a lot of whittling to get them to size LOL but they are just about finished .have one set fitted to my 7mm SM project and a bit more finishing left to go
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7mm martini super mag.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	260556

Very nice.

Boolit Master
    Not much forming to do....in fact my Greener takes 32/20 cases direct .....on some BSA s ,the rim recess in the barrel needs to be deepened about 10 thou......A great many of the US import were done before shipping,as this was a condition of sale ...a 32/20 round had to drop in......note 32/20 factory wont work ,bullet is too small......As to the result ,you can forget all the so called 32 magnums ,the lot are easily outdone by a 125gn PSP 8mm bullet ,and a compressed load of 296.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123