Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingWideners
Load DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Shooting two layers PC

Shooting two layers PC

Hello everyone, I prefer to ask before losing my fingers.
    I have a 1909 Mauser rifle, I made a slug and it gave me 3125-313.
    Unfortunately the new mold lyman cast a 313 (314299) with an alloy half lead pipe and half lyno.
    I made PC and it gives me 314. With two layers of PC today I measured at 315-316
    The question is: do I take these boolits of 315-316 and pass them through the Lee sizing 313? or reload them without making them the size? Is it too much to shoot with 315-316 in a bore 313?
    I will use an Argentine powder similar to 3031 at half the usual load.
    I hope you understand what I want to explain, it is difficult with the google translator.
    Thank you

Boolit Master
    if its too big it just wont chamber, you could try single coat and double coat without sizing. if you want to size it sounds like your sizer is same as bore size which isn't good, you would have to sand it bigger with sandpaper wrapped on a rod in a drill method and slug as you go slowly till its right size probably .314 to .3145. for powder I don't know what to say there maybe someone else can tell you something.

Boolit Master

Unless your really hot rodding these you will be fine.

As mentioned if too big, they wont fit in chamber. But if they do, fat cast boolits just size to bore with minimal raise in pressures. (Mostly safe cause our CB loads are light anyhow)

I like fat bullets and routinely shoot a fat 454 dia cast in my 451 bore 450 BM rifle.

My 32/20 rifle has eaten probably 50+# of .314 bullets in its life..

I bought some Lyman Devastator 45 bullets from a fello. When I got them they where sized 451... I tried them but accuracy was pitiful. I coated them twice with PC and sized them 454. They shoot very well now.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Thank you! I've taken it from 311 to 3125, but I'm going to look for the tools I used and I'm going to enlarge it, at least to 314 and we'll see ...

Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    Unless your really hot rodding these you will be fine.

As mentioned if too big, they wont fit in chamber. But if they do, fat cast boolits just size to bore with minimal raise in pressures. (Mostly safe cause our CB loads are light anyhow)

I like fat bullets and routinely shoot a fat 454 dia cast in my 451 bore 450 BM rifle.

My 32/20 rifle has eaten probably 50+# of .314 bullets in its life..

I bought some Lyman Devastator 45 bullets from a fello. When I got them they where sized 451... I tried them but accuracy was pitiful. I coated them twice with PC and sized them 454. They shoot very well now.

CW
    This was what worried me most.
    I think if he enters the chamber, the rest is to see how he groups.
    Thank you!!

Boolit Master

Esp with a thick PC coat. I really dont see a issue. PC is slick and soft, yet holds to rotational forces of bullet/rifling spin quite well.

Lead is MUCH more friendly to shooting from touching/ seated into the rifling.
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

nueces5: If the round chambers without restriction in the neck area the bullet will swage down just fine. Measure the I.D. of the neck of a round fired in your rifle and this will be the proper bullet size for your rifle. Brass shrinks a little after firing so the I.D. should give you the perfect fit. Gp

Results: no signs of overpressure. It was difficult for them to enter the chamber. They did not have good presicion. The best was with two layers of PC and sizing at 313