Load DataLee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading

Thread: Long green

Boolit Buddy

Long green

I noted that there was a mold for sale on the internet site, a 429422 Ideal hollow base (no base plug included). The sale price ended up in the mid $200 range (!), and would require an additional investment to obtain a plug. I find this sort of price rather excessive, but I hope the buyer is happy with his purchase!

Moderator Emeritus

A combination between the mystique of auctions and the rarity of the item.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Super Moderator

.......... Or a happy occurance of the right person at the right time

Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master

That place is good for a lot of laughs. I bid on a lot of molds there. Once in a while I actually win one. Latest was a Lyman Devastator for the 9mm, $44 for a new in the box mold.

I wonder if that Lyman 429422 mold was from the seller who recently had a bunch of the Lyman molds that require base pins, who removed the base pins and sold them separately?

I always laugh when I see 358093 and 429303 molds sell for $200 for a double cavity. Why not go to NOE and get one for under $100 delivered?

You can get some good deals on H&G molds there once in a while. Four cavity H&G 78 for $60, buy it now. I picked up a second RCBS 201KT for $37.

I see a LOT of molds going for just stupid prices though.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Grand Master

You have to know what the item you are bidding on is worth . Most of the time the worth is simply what you are willing to pay for it . Don't get caught up in a bidding war.
    I have managed to get a few good deals , grungy looking moulds don't get a lot of attention sometimes . While looking for 41 magnum dies , a set of older Bonanza dies were not bid on but two sets of used RCBS dies were bid into more than the cost of a set of brand new RCBS dies . I got the Bonanza dies for $12.00 and they were brand new old stock, never used and never out the box !
    Just be careful when bidding on the Ebay .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"