Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading Everything
WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I like garlic ... do you?

Moderator Emeritus

Every time I have planted garlic the dang robins find it and dig it up and eat it! Next time I do it I am covering the row...

Remembered another garlic over load recipe. Make your creamy coleslaw dressing then add as much chopped or pureed(this is way more potent than chopped!) to it as you can stand. Since this is raw garlic going in it is potent stuff! Add the dressing as normal to your cabbage slaw mix...

Vendor Sponsor

I tried growing music garlic in raised beds a few years, garlic NEEDS very fertile soil, the more organic material you put in the soil, mulch, compost, manure, the more it likes it. The final year I thought would be the most successful, I had great looking plants with thick stalks. When I pulled it up, THERE WAS NO GARLIC!! Voles had gotten in the beds and ate all the roots so no bulbs formed. I was pissed to say the least and gave up on trying to grow it.

I use a lot of it here cooking, I put 3 cloves on a single piece of buttered whole grain toast, I put 5-6 cloves in a pot of beans or soup.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

A couple of things I`ve learned in the last few years growing garlic.
    1. Keep the patch well weeded. They don`t tolerate weeds well.
    2. Once the plants grow out of the ground, side dress them once a month with ammonium sulfate. They like nitrogen.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I plant Montana Giant hard neck in mid to late September. My soil isn't great, but I get around five cloves per plant, and they are huge cloves.
    Garlic enjoys a bit of shade in hot weather.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Grand Master
    Luv Garlic, but try not to eat to much of it.
    You will stink.
    Used to go korean bar hopping when I was younger.
    Could always tell when a korean sat in the booth by the smell.
    Friend was good friends with most of the bar owners.
    She would make the korean sitin only certian booths.
    She was also korean.
    She also made sure her girls did not stink.
    Another friend used to take "no odor" garlic pills.
    He smelled.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gnostic View Post
    I love garlic, but it'll make you stink like a goat if you eat enough of it.
    Who cares? Garlic yum!

Boolit Master

Roasted garlic is the best.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Moderator Emeritus

Stuffing a chuck roast with garlic cloves and scallion tomorrow, slow cook for 3-4 hours with carrot and potato added in about halfway. Good eats and the gravy you get from it is awesome!

Boolit Master

Dad used to take a boned out ham or shoulder of a deer and stuff the cavity with garlic leaves and sliced garlic and onion from his garden as well as beef fat. Put it in his electric smoker with a couple of chickens on the rack above it. It was a water type smoker with the water pan below all the meat, so the drippings fell into it. After about 10 to 12 hours, the meat was fork tender and delicious. Mom and dad saved the drippings from the pan for soup stock. That soup was some good stuff, also.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234