Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWideners
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad DataRepackbox
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

…they found Him in the temple….And He said to them, "…Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?" LUKE 2:46, 49
    Our Lord’s childhood was not immaturity waiting to grow into manhood— His childhood is an eternal fact. Am I a holy, innocent child of God as a result of my identification with my Lord and Savior? Do I look at my life as being in my Father’s house? Is the Son of God living in His Father’s house within me?
    The only abiding reality is God Himself, and His order comes to me moment by moment. Am I continually in touch with the reality of God, or do I pray only when things have gone wrong— when there is some disturbance in my life? I must learn to identify myself closely with my Lord in ways of holy fellowship and oneness that some of us have not yet even begun to learn. “…I must be about My Father’s business”— and I must learn to live every moment of my life in my Father’s house.
    Think about your own circumstances. Are you so closely identified with the Lord’s life that you are simply a child of God, continually talking to Him and realizing that everything comes from His hands? Is the eternal Child in you living in His Father’s house? Is the grace of His ministering life being worked out through you in your home, your business, and in your circle of friends? Have you been wondering why you are going through certain circumstances? In fact, it is not that you have to go through them. It is because of your relationship with the Son of God who comes, through the providential will of His Father, into your life. You must allow Him to have His way with you, staying in perfect oneness with Him.
    The life of your Lord is to become your vital, simple life, and the way He worked and lived among people while here on earth must be the way He works and lives in you
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master

Amen, A much needed lesson!

Moderator Emeritus

The first time I saw "Miss Elanor," I was in the hospital as a visitor, and sitting on a bench with our Preacher. She'd and her husband had just become our visiting brigade, and they were so wonderful at it. Her husband died fairly recently. She is 80 now, and wasn't supposed to live to see 20 according to the docs. She has had a heart defect, and has never been athletic. But she has, for all these years, proceeded steadily at the fastest pace she could, and served God all her days in various ways. She is beloved of all who know her. She teaches an adult women's Sunday School. When I saw her coming, I could tell just by looking at her, that she was a devoted Christian. I told her that not long after when she came to visit me because it was me in the hospital this time. She looked at me like I had three heads! But I just chuckled, and told her people have a way of revealing themselves that most don't understand. I told her that the manner of her walk, purposeful and confident, yet still very humble and inquisitively searching for something to do for the Lord, was one thing. The clear-eyed look in her sky blue eyes was another, along with her countenance, which was unshakably resolved and at peace with whatever she found. She raised her eyebrows, and went on with our conversation. I think she understood.

Have you ever noticed that those who are irrevocably resolved to follow Christ have a certain look about them? If Christ can change a person's look, and outlook, why in the world do so many have trouble following Him? He is, and always has been and always will be, in control. Not us. If anyone here has not given his life to Christ, why not now? And a church is always within our reach. Find a preacher who "speaks" to you, but doesn't necessarily please you, and your life will turn around and you'll be happier than you ever imagined you could be. God be with us all. We sorely need Him today, now probably more than ever.