RepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
WidenersTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2 PBcastco

Thread: Beware paypal!

Beware paypal!

PayPal did this to me in the past, Willy was kind enough to deal with this personally, amidst all the chaos he was dealing with already. This time I'm letting it ride as-is rather than ask Willy to try and fix PayPal's theft.
    Thanks for last time, Willy. You were above and beyond.
    Anywho, PayPal refuses to address this issue, instead blaming 'Castboolits'.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190804-160611.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	246292Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190804-160458.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	246293Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190804-160653.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	246290Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190804-160511.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	246291
    Last edited by sledgehammer001; 08-04-2019 at 08:25 PM.
    if it doesn't fit, don't force it. Get a BIGGER HAMMER!

Banned

I try real hard to not use paypal, and pretty much don't except for Ebay purchases.

I don't understand. It looks like you set up a recurring payment?
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

What exactly is the issue?

A recurring payment from 3 years ago, that I cancelled the last time I had PP issues. I'm having phone issues right now, so please be patient. Can't get pics to cooperate! ��

Rrichhodg66
    I have PP for eBay. Seemed easier to use it to "donate" here in buying a "patron" subscription. I hear 'guntab' is pro-gun, but not sure what else they do...

Boolit_Head, they set it up! Aug 1, I double checked PP, payed for my subscription on here, then cancelled autopay. 2 days later PP opened another account!
    Cast Boolits can keep the money if PP actually gave it to Willy. But its complete dishonesty on PP's part.

switch to venmo its owned by PayPal but less picky

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Vendor Sponsor

I had the same issue with PP. I set up a recurring payment in 2015 or 2016, and I got an email from gunloads in 2017 said my account had expired, I guess the recurring payment didn't make it in time, I dunno. I logged in, and THOUGHT I was making the correct payment and I completely brainfarted on the double payment in 2017. 2018 comes and two payments are made. I contacted PP, filed a dispute, never heard nothing from them, contacted this forum, not sure I got the right person, never got any replies. 2019 comes and the same two payments are once again paid by PP. I thought it was a forum mistake, and since I never got any responses from the attempts made the previous year, I was a little pissed, and I posted about it. Robert sent me a message explaining perfectly how I had set up a duplicate recurring payment and he was absolutely right. It was MY oversight, and not knowing where in PP to go look for the error, it is fixed now, but the point is this.. It may still be a user error on the subscriber's account and not an error on the forum here, and PP is just following what is setup on the account. Mine was a user error on my PP account. BUT despite filing a dispute in 2018, they never responded to it at all.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    I try real hard to not use paypal, and pretty much don't except for Ebay purchases.
    Same here. I don't even do ebay anymore.

Cast Boolits Owner

Below is typically what happens. The system sends out a email indicating the member subscription is about to expire and the member sets up another subscription which results in 2 recurring payments being sent to Gunloads.com.

If you use PayPal please do not renew when you receive notification of your membership expiring as your subscription is “recurring” based on your sign up date.

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    I had the same issue with PP. I set up a recurring payment in 2015 or 2016, and I got an email from gunloads in 2017 said my account had expired, I guess the recurring payment didn't make it in time, I dunno. I logged in, and THOUGHT I was making the correct payment and I completely brainfarted on the double payment in 2017. 2018 comes and two payments are made. I contacted PP, filed a dispute, never heard nothing from them, contacted this forum, not sure I got the right person, never got any replies. 2019 comes and the same two payments are once again paid by PP. I thought it was a forum mistake, and since I never got any responses from the attempts made the previous year, I was a little pissed, and I posted about it. Robert sent me a message explaining perfectly how I had set up a duplicate recurring payment and he was absolutely right. It was MY oversight, and not knowing where in PP to go look for the error, it is fixed now, but the point is this.. It may still be a user error on the subscriber's account and not an error on the forum here, and PP is just following what is setup on the account. Mine was a user error on my PP account. BUT despite filing a dispute in 2018, they never responded to it at all.
    Last edited by No_1; 06-26-2020 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Added bold to important info
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -