Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling the need for jerky... Marinade recipe needed

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Suggestion guys - and I do this with my pork rub. Add a couple tablespoons of ground coffee to the mix. It provides a unique flavor.
    Love that hint of coffee flavor A big Plus Two for that, WS. I don't measure my marinade. So I start w about 4 ozs of cold black coffee, I save some dill pickle juice/& the hot n'spicy Jalepeno slices vinegar juice. about 2 ozs of each. That 8 ozs is enough for each pound of meat. You can just sub in 4ozs of apple cider vinegar. Works about the same. Then a few good squirts of Rays BBQ sauce. Franks hot sauce, couple of hits of Tabasco,shot of Jim Beam, Worchester sauce to taste, dash of liquid smoke. From there I sprinkle the dry stuff on my meat slices before marinating overnight. The dry stuff is salt, black pepper, garlic powder, just a dusting of fine grind Cayanne pepper, some crushed red pepper flakes, white pepper & paprika ..Then Into the wet stuff it goes for PM soak. Next Morning. I use a modern convection oven. 170 degrees for about 3 to 3.5 hours. In a reg. oven set to bake, figure 4 to 4.5 hours of time at 160..Open the oven door at least once every half hour. Oh, don't forget to sprinkle some dry spices on the meat before curing. UncleMikeinCt
    Last edited by unclemikeinct; 03-01-2020 at 12:50 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by loveruger View Post
    Are you talking ground or sliced
    Sliced meat makes real jerky.... I bought a meat slicer and it will make nice uniform slices of a beef roast in no time . The consistent thickness helps with consistent drying... some of the best money I ever spent .
    I'm not sure what you call dehydrated ground meat ribbons ...but let's not call it jerky !

I might try adding some freeze dried coffee to my marinade but I'm not adding any coffee grounds ...they don't dissolve and they don't chew well .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    yes sir the slicer makes it nice when youre doing 10-20 pounds of meat at a time,i did a lot with the old jerky board but the slicer is nicer lol.as i said ealier we use waltons for all of our,jerky,sausage,summer sausage and bacon seasoning and high temp cheeses

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12