Snyders JerkyLoad DataWidenersRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arthritis...

Moderator Emeritus

If your arthritis pain is due to inflammation, which I think the majority of arthritis pain is, then as Piedmont mentions, look into "anti-inflammatory diet". BTW, the reason Turmeric is mentioned, is because it's a known anti-inflammatory. When I learned that, I started using the spice liberally in my cooking...and I like the flavor/color it adds to some food, especially chicken.

Lastly, I will add this, CBD oil is a known anti-inflammatory. I use it regularly for the arthritis pain in my Knees and I find it works as good or better than OTC pain meds...PLUS I don't like to take OTC pain meds regularly. I realize to some this product is controversial and I will not argue about it, I will only state my personal experience...and that it is legal in all 50 states thanks to the US Farm Bill, that was passed in 2018.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

What JonB said about cbd oil (from hemp) ..wife who was all but beyond able to climb step started the cbd oil 6 months ago (out of desperation) and the results have been extremely gratifying ..she just takes an eye dropper's worth under her tongue once a day

If your hurting ..anything is worth a try

Good Luck
    Bear

Boolit Master
    Appreciate all the responses and suggestions...
    Thank you!

Boolit Master

My dad uses the CBD oil and swears by it. I give it to my old dog and he has gotten much better on it.

Guy I worked with years ago was afflicted and swore by cherries. Said it could be anything from fresh cherries to a cherry pie and eating it greatly relieved the pain.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

I was under a rented wood chipper a customer who was hammered- drunk brought back after plugging it. Of course, the idiot lunged into the clutch over and over ruining the drive belt between the engine and the machine. So I was replacing it. I was on my hands and knees when the blower chute landed on my back ruining my shoulder, ribs and neck. That was is 2001.
    I have been on the dreaded pain meds for most of 17 years. I can't make it without them. Luckily, I am one of those people with no addiction difficulties. I also take four aspirins at a time with food alternating with four Ibu.
    I am very, very lucky since I have a twisted personality that insists on pushing myself as hard as I can possibly manage which also puts me in some pain. If I don't exercise every day as often as possible I am in trouble. Which is a very, very good thing. One hears horror stories of people who just give up, quit living and then there's me. My physical therapists just stare at me when i tell them what I do- in winter I ride my exercise bike for an hour (over a day) and then go out with my snowshoes and plow around in circles around the home place being careful I don't get too far from home if the spasms take hold.
    The pain psychologist hears my story and can't believe it. He says he has patients that say everything they do hurts and are completely inactive. He says while they talk he looks at them and they have completely lost their conditioning- they've given up. He has said if he can get a therapy group going he wants me to come in and talk to them. People don't listen to someone who hasn't gone through what they are. They think the therapist or medical person has read about it in books. It's kind of like a guy I knew in Ky who saw a social worker the court had required he see after a drunk driving arrest. He told he wouldn't listen to her. He didn't have a drinking problem. He had a getting caught problem and shut down. He needed a reformed drunk to lay the lash to him.
    Anyway, I do exercise. I do ice, ice is my friend. I have to lay down several times a day to stop back and neck spasms. That was a very difficult thing to accept- men don't rest no matter how bad they are hurt.
    But every morning, and it has been into 17 years, when things are pretty sore I say to myself: Look at me getting up. Look at me going to the bathroom. Look at me making coffee. Look at me able to put my shoes on. Every day pain reminds me I could be a paraplegic waiting for someone to come around and wipe the spit off my face because I can't lift my arms to do it myself.
    Ted

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I’ve been taking Celebrex or a generic brand every morning for over fifteen years. I swear by it. I’ve even started giving it to my old dog and it helps her a lot too.

Boolit Master

Well like so many others I have arthritis in all my joints and spine. Some days are ok and others wished I wasn't here. I take turmeric and it settles it to the point I can do somethings. Just another way of reminding me when I was young I took to many things for granted. Most likely didn't help being in the Army and working on road construction for a couple of decades in all kinds of weather. Ha Ha wished I had know when I was younger.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master
    I have had better result with Aleve for mine but it is not as serious as yours.

Osteoarthritis has been my daily companion for about 40 years. I have been through various prescription meds that worked for a while and then didn't work. I have seen various Drs. and taken various NSAIDs. NSAIDs will kill your kidneys after a time. A couple of years ago I quit all such drugs and learned to live with the pain. I was suprised that after a month or two the pain was the same as it was when I took the drugs. I will take a couple of Tylenol to go to sleep. Pain is a part of life, it means you didn't die young.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12