Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Took my granddaughter to the range yesterday

Boolit Master

Took my granddaughter to the range yesterday

I took my Granddaughter shooting yesterday and had a great time. I took four pistols, three .22s, one .357, three rifles, a Ruger 10-22, Marlin 39A and a Rolling Block in 40-65. I started her with the scoped 10-22 since I wanted to teach her how a scope worked and how to sight it in. At fifty yards she was soon filling the 10 ring with 22 holes. Next was the .22 pistols. I started her with single action and showed her the fastest way to load and reload. Once she got the hang of that I let her shoot a double action S&W .22 and explained the difference. She did well with that one also. I then let her shoot the .357 loaded with .38 specials. That also went well. I did not want her to shoot the 40-65 for fear the recoil might be intimidating but she insisted so I thought why not. I shouldn't have worried. The range we went to has four heavy steel plates at 200 yards. I had not been able to hit one when she took the rifle. She hit one on the second shot and then three in a row. She was thrilled beyond belief. Then it was my turn. I could not hit the plate to save my life. She was spotting for me and every shot she would say, your high and to the left. I finally hit one on the fourth shot. I didn't shoot anymore. When we finished, the range master said, you may as well put those .22s back in the safe for good. She will want nothing more to do with them. I think he is right. When she saw how that big lead slug made the plate jump around she was laughing out loud. When we left I treated her to a double cheese burger at IN & OUT. A great day. I realize the date on my camera is not correct.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

That’s a great way to spend the day with your granddaughter. Hope you get many more, and by the sounds of it some mighty fine shooting eh

Banned
    Outstanding!!

Banned
    That is time well spent !

I've never shot a 40-65 or even a Rolling Block so I'm jealous. Good on you for making it real for her!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Whether, she shoots more or not, she will always remember the day, she 'out shot grandpa'!
    May she continue to out shoot you, Sir!

Boolit Master

Them young eyes will do things old eyes caint....

Looks like a good time was had by all.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    That is time well spent !
    Yes Sir and I bet she could fix that date too. ��
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master
    A grand day out!

What a great story! My Grandsons don't care at all about shooting with me, but our oldest Daughter is going with us in the morning, Monday. She is a good shot and can out shoot me and her Grandmother on any given day. Sometimes I beat her and the wife, but it doesn't matter, it is a privilege to get to shoot with them. I have coached both Daughters and my Wife of almost 55 years about safety and how to shoot.

I'm gonna take the Mark I tomorrow and introduce it to our Daughter. My wife turned her nose up at it because of the weight, until she shot it, now she likes it.

I would encourage your Granddaughter to go again and again. Life is to short not to spend it with family.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Boolit Bub
    That was an awesome day for you, I am thinking about taking my 6 year old grandaughter on a shoot