Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 22-3000 G&H Remington

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the tutorial. I bet a lot of folks never knew that history.

I've been messing with Lovell wildcats since around 1979. A mis-spent youth spent reading C.S.Landis over and over lead me down that rabbit hole. Currently custom single shot Krag in .22 Maximum Lovell, and a bull barreled single shot '03 Springfield in R2 Lovell are singing Hervey's praises. (The Krag was built by Hervey himself.)

God help me, I'm seriously considering building a high end small Martini custom job chambered in, you guessed it, R2 Lovell. (I have a decent stash of R2 G&H virgin or almost virgin brass with which to feed it/them but I'm always on the hunt for more....)

Boolit Master
    You wont be using excessive pressure in the small Martini .....for the simple reason if the primer even slightly craters,the action wont open......Ive had a few Martinis in the 222 rimmed version of 222 Rem,all suffer from the same problems and weak extraction which is endemic in martinis......Plenty accurate though ,as with a super heavy barrel and big scope ,the whole gun is only 8 lb or so............(.With a Francotte type martini ,there is no way the firing pin can be recocked to bash in a cratered primer in the time honoured single shot fashion.)

Same situation as happens to Sharps-Borchardts. Could the solution be the same?
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Buddy
    Wow, what a beautiful gun!

Hello guys, I am excited to find this thread. I have a .22-3000 from my father also and have only slightly messed with it over the years. No as I near retirement I will have more time to engage this fine rifle. the bun is a custom built by dad and his shooting buddies in the early 50's maybe even earlier. I always remember it in the gun cabinet and only shoot it a couple times. Of course reloading was a problem. I have some brass but it is showing age and limited. Gun is a Stevens with J. Unertl scope. If being .22-3000 isn't rare enough, the custom stock is left handed. I'll post some photos soon.

Bill

Got a couple of photos to help explain what I am talking about.

Ah, crap. I'm new to this form, any advice on uploading photos?

Quote Originally Posted by Monobill View Post
    Got a couple of photos to help explain what I am talking about.

Ah, crap. I'm new to this form, any advice on uploading photos?
    Yes, using a photo hosting site to upload the pics, and then use their links to put them in your posts here. I use Imgur free hosting, and love it. It's got choices of posting links for forums, email, or direct, and also choices of sizes also. I use the "large thumbnail" size for most of my links.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12