WidenersRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad Data
Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Storing lube dies????

Boolit Buddy
    Medicine bottles with size wrote on it the stored in a ammo can

Super Moderator

I use the Plano tackleboxes with the slide-out drawers w/folding lids. The kind you'd usually store your Bass fishing plugs with the compartments. Mine have 4 drawers, and I use each one separately for push through dies, Rcbs lube size dies, top punches, and misc parts.

Boolit Master

You fellows make me feel really disorganized! All my Lyman dies and top punches are loose in a plastic container with a lid. Star dies, same same.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Master

OLD metal 35 mm film cans
    or the NEW 35 mm plastic film cans

YES, I am OLD
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master

I store mine in a medium Plano divider box, just about to not fit all in one anymore. I also have a sheet of VCI paper in the top of the lid.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by tradbear55 View Post
    Plastic Plano tackle boxes. Each die has its own slot.
    Yup! Slots in mine are arranged in 4 rows of 6, giving me 24 slots per box.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by skeettx View Post
    NEW 35 mm plastic film cans

YES, I am OLD
    I have a few of those, too, as well as some medicine bottles and the bags that they came in, all in a dovetailed box with a sliding wooden cover that I got from work in 1973 . It used to hold granite cleaner.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

A good while back Ben posted a photo of his solution to sizer die & top punch storage. I don't have a link but someone may remember it. I've been meaning to try his pull out tray but as usual I haven't gotten a round tuit.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by winelover View Post
    RX bottles, standing upright in my bench drawer............cap marked with a China Marker, showing sizing diameter.

Winelover
    Same here !
    Since we all now have to take pills now , finding a use for those small plastic bottles is nice .
    The tops are good and secure . Perfect fit for H&I dies and room for a nose punch also .
    Label on the outside and you good . Cost $0.00... I love it !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

Right now I'm using the pill bottles too. Luckily, I saved a bunch with the snap on caps before the pharmacy went to secure(child and senior citizen resistant) caps that are a pain to remove
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    Before I acquired enough dies where I need a entire drawer in my multi-drawer metal tool box for my Lyman dies, I used a flip-top plastic ammo box (12 ga) like this...
    https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/mtm-...057008417.html

Top punches go into weekly (7 compartments) Pill organizer boxes.
    This ^^ The 12 gauge clear boxes work well for me. I keep a diagram on paper in the box showing where each sizing die is and top punches that I keep in there too. Its really well organized so I do not have to search all over or in a bag of separate containers for a particular die. And they are easy to retrieve and dust free.

Boolit Grand Master
    The 12ga or 20ga box looks like a winner.
    Now if I can just find any here.
    For a reasonable price.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    alamogunr I am pretty sure they "have to" supply non adult-proof caps on request, for those with poor physical mobility or low hand strength? Ask your pharmacy

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by tradbear55 View Post
    Plastic Plano tackle boxes. Each die has its own slot.
    Same here. I kept and cut the original die and punch packaging to fit within the plastic slots of the tackle box, then cut the original die and punch paperwork to fit in its packaging. At a glance I can see who made it and what size or number it is.

Have you guys considered the COST of the contents of your box? I did and it is well over $1K in sunk cost (retail value). I made a list of contents and made my spouse aware of its value so in the event of my untimely and unfortunate demise she does not sell it for pennies. Most folks will have no idea what those dies and top punches are for - but you can bet they would buy the whole kit and caboodle for $50.00 if they could!
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the "tips!" -- I'm adding a scattergun cartridge case (e.g., one suggested from Grafs) to my next wish-list order! I have 38 lub dies, and store them in, of all things, an old cigar box. I cut some plain-Jane Cut-Rite wax paper to maybe 1/2" longer than each, and pieces long enough to roll each in the paper, maybe 2 1/2 thicknesses. The wax paper stays on each quite nicely, with my "crimp" on top and bottom. I have some of that anti-rust paper both lining bottom and top of the box, and have a small cut Brother Q-500 label with the die's size written with Sharpie on the outside. Works for me... but, again thanks, I'd never have thought of the shotgun shell case. (i love this site!)
    geo

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post
    alamogunr I am pretty sure they "have to" supply non adult-proof caps on request, for those with poor physical mobility or low hand strength? Ask your pharmacy
    I don't have a problem with them yet. My wife does but the caps our pharmacy uses are reversible and we only have to turn the cap over to screw it on the bottle. It seems that they always put the cap on the bottle in the secure configuration when turning it over to the customer.

I saved enough of the old types to take care of all I am likely to need for sizers.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    I didn't know about the test strips container. After I saw that I was looking at Lori's container and asked for it when it got emptied.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    Prescription pill bottles with the size Sharpied on the outside in "BIG" numbers. The price is right and they fit in a Ziplock freezer bag along with the die removal tools and sizer parts.