RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adios Dillon 650. Hello Dillon 750

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dillonhelp View Post
    No worries on XL650 parts. While the large majority of XL750 parts interchange with the XL650, the parts that are unique to the XL650 will remain in full production for warranty support.
    And you post this AFTER I buy another XL650
    I don't figure it's wasted money, just another tool in the box...

As for case & bullet feeders, I've made several of my own and if you have ANY skills with basic tools, it's just not that difficult.
    Case feeders in particular are stupid simple, anyone that can navigate a Dremel tool and hand drill can knock one out in an afternoon for well under $100, mine come in more like $25-$30 since I don't care if someone recognizes the 5 gallon bucket or water heater catch pan I started with...

Frosted Boolits

Sorry but if we are going to talk about the most reliable priming system, don’t forget the Star Universals/Progressives. Beats the red, blue, and green presses hands down IMO.
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Boolit Bub
    I slipped the large primer feed tube from my 650 in to my my Square Deal B setup for 45 auto after the plastic tip on the original pissed me off for the last time. This is the tube with the brass flow-through tip. I suddenly had a reliable primer feed system in that press for the first time in years. I gave the SDB to a friend once I had my 650 running full bore but I pulled the primer tube out and told him to buy his own. He did and no problems with primers in the SDB. Wonder if swapping to the brass tipped tube in the 550 would help?

I was surprised to see the 750 announced especially after seeing the display at SHOT in january where the 1100 was the big star. No 750 at SHOT so what the hell? In addition the 1100 seems to be stillborn as the 1050 that was supposed to be retired is still being advertised and friends who ordered the 1100 or its processer version are still waiting.

I like my 650 just fine and I've got a real old RL1000 that works very well too. Don't think I'll be looking to buy a 750 but its out there for those who will. I'm sure there were guys ******** at the 1050 when it replaced the 1000 too. Both have some great features but progress will continue. With the ebay and other upgrade guys it won't be long before the 650 is a dinosaur and the 750 is the new baby.

Frank

FWIW the “new” 1100 linkage isn’t like the current super 1050 linkage, rather more like the “dinosaur” RL.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    FWIW the “new” 1100 linkage isn’t like the current super 1050 linkage, rather more like the “dinosaur” RL.
    Yup the RL 'dinosaur" didn't have the failure issues the Super has with the crank and link arms. I don't know if it's still the case but awhile back clean RL's were selling for more than the new Supers. The commercial loaders claimed they held up better than the Supers. For me to upgrade to a RL1100 they would need improve the primer system.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Buddy
    The 1050 linkage isn't all that strong, I call it 'Mystery Metal' when I replace it with something known & stronger.

For me to upgrade to a RL1100 they would need improve the primer system.
    Agreed, I wish they had their engineers put the 650 priming system in it.

The new primer system looks nice but not sure if it's solely worth upgrading to a 750 for.

Boolit Bub
    went to dillions to check out the new 750. it is one nice press. a lot of upgrading and is smooth as butter. I might sell off my 650 and go for it.

Boolit Master
    I'm kind of puzzled about the comments about the priming system on the SDB. The only problem that I've had on mine was loading 44mags, the primers sometimes weren't seated all the way in. Talked to Dillon, they sent me a new mechanism and it fixed the problem. The primers were about 30 years old, and I don't remember the brand, but they were a lot harder than I normally use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12