RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackboxReloading Everything
WidenersLoad DataInline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Best SMALL progressive reloader?

I hate hijacking threads but I'll add a quick tidbit.

With the safety Prime I hold the dispenser in the left hand with the index finger curled underneath and then push the top of the dispenser with my thumb. That seemed to cut down most all miss feeds.

Boolit Master
    I have been waiting for the OP, clydesdalekevin/Kev to return & tell us more about what is being considered.

Since the OP is the one with the desire & knows what space/time/etc. is available, how much shooting, thus reloading & even casting will be done, where it may be done ( inside or outside for the reloading), storage limitations, and as much pertinent info that can help us help the OP, and shares with everyone here about such things, all that is going to be done here is basically tossing out things & see what happens. Or, not...

I am posting this with the intent to help us help the OP & not to "point fingers", or any of that.

As you all know, the more detail & specifics shared by someone, the better & more specific the answers/suggestions & opinions will be to help with the situation.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    I hate hijacking threads but I'll add a quick tidbit.

With the safety Prime I hold the dispenser in the left hand with the index finger curled underneath and then push the top of the dispenser with my thumb. That seemed to cut down most all miss feeds.
    I put my left hand fingers on the back of the frame post on the left side and work the feed with my thumb , I had to go to the press to see how I do it.

Boolit Bub
    the cheap way is a lee 1000 and the better is a dillion 550 or 650

Boolit Mold

Quote Originally Posted by clydesdalekevin View Post
    Wow! Thanks for all the replies! I'll do some research into all of your suggestions. I wouldn't be opposed to a single stage press that resizes the cases though. Which one of those should I be looking at?

Kev
    For a small lightweight single stage, you can load any pistol cartridge using a $35 Lee Reloader press. The new Lyman Ideal Press looks promising and it has a good primer catcher.

Boolit Master
    When you really get down to it are you going to store a press or leave it set up? Once set up the press footprint is not all that different between progressives, it is the vertical height and what you hang on the press that makes a difference.

I think the real answer here is what kind of reloading speed are you eventually going to be happy with? You can put a Lee Loader in your pocket and it will turn out ammo. I think the Square Deal is a good limited press, but not for sizing bullets. A compromise on operations may be in order but once again you need to find the eventual goal that will make you happy.

Boolit Bub
    Dillon square deal b,no question!keep in mind it only does handgun loads but boy does it do them well.Also the additional cost of each caliber you want to reload but it is well worth the money and a timesaver like no other!

Quote Originally Posted by Russman View Post
    Dillon square deal b,no question!keep in mind it only does handgun loads but boy does it do them well.Also the additional cost of each caliber you want to reload but it is well worth the money and a timesaver like no other!
    Until about one year ago I would have mostly agreed but now with the Lee Auto Breech Lock Pro I have to give it the hands down best. Will load more than just pistol calibers and uses standard common dies. Also can add the case feeder that speeds things up.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234