RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: tennis anyone?? Love 30!!!!!

Banned

tennis anyone?? Love 30!!!!!

30 cal and 30 round mags. my new 7 inch 300 boClick image for larger version. 

Name:	hotmail.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	245989

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    30 cal and 30 round mags. my new 7 inch 300 boClick image for larger version. 

Name:	hotmail.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	245989
    That is a cool rig. Makes me want to take up tennis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I like that! I also have some funny gun case`s great Idea

Banned

Put about 300 rounds through it today. First mag the bolt was a bit tight but after about 20 rounds it lapped in good and it never missed a beat after. Cast bullets by the way. About as much fun as you can have with your pants on.

Boolit Master
    RCBS 7.62mm-130-SPL by any chance?
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Boolit Grand Master

Saw a guy at the range once practicing. Never saw him before. He had a four rifle case that was a good 4.5 feet tall with a sticker on it that said "What don't you know about golf?"
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Banned

yes sir. 15.3 grains of wc820 a fed primer and the rcbs 130. Even that little gun shot them into less then 2 inches at 50 yards and pounded the 8 in steel swinger at a 100 yards. About all I can do at 50 with a red dot on any gun. That bullet shoots and runs great in all three of my black outs.
    Quote Originally Posted by sundog View Post
    RCBS 7.62mm-130-SPL by any chance?

Boolit Master

Looks great; awaiting barrel for for my 7.5 inch blackout, your builds really inspire me!

Banned

youll love it. Ive got a 16 inch bo for trying some crop damage deer shooting. An 8.5 that's going to be my deer season gun and this one is just for FUN.

Boolit Master
    I used to buy old brief cases at garage sales. Rip out guts and put egg crate foam inside. Nice for pistols.

Tool bags work nice too.

I like the hard side golf club case idea.

Is that the bullet you will hunt with? Got a pic of a loaded round? I'm considering an AR pistol next time with a brace and fast fire sight.

Banned

no cast for deer hunting. For that I will use a 110 barnes. load goes 2400 out of the 16 and 2150 out of the 8.5. that bullet is extreamly accurate in both my bigger guns. Groups with the 16 are the kind that people call you a lier for posting
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Is that the bullet you will hunt with? Got a pic of a loaded round? I'm considering an AR pistol next time with a brace and fast fire sight. No way to take a picture but I can sent you loaded length on them.

Boolit Master
    When I lived in a rougher area I used a golf bag to carry my rifles to the range ,by the way I hate golf but golf balls make great targets!only down side people thought you were a golf player oh the shame.

Boolit Master
    +10 for shooter grade golf balls!

One of my BIL’s was belly aching that my golf balls were better grade than he played with. I called his bluff and suggested he bring his and trade them one for one with the ones I had he was lusting for. He never took me up on that. Just likes to hear his teeth rattle I suspect.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master
    Golf balls are so much better now days. Heck, I could play an entire round with one ball and never have a slice in the cover or even a dimple. Many of you probably don't even remember the days of thin covers over the "rubber band" section and the high pressure liquid core. Those things made great targets too if you hit them in the middle.

Years ago (80's) in one of the benchrest mags a shooter was told how stupid benchrest was cause they couldn't do anything but hit a stationary target at 1 round per minute or even slower. So, he set up a target using a golf ball. 100yd range. He had to shoot and hit a 1/4" dia pad that released a golf ball on a 1 ft incline (took the ball 3 seconds to roll the foot). Then he had to shoot the golf ball before it dropped off the ramp. The 1/4" pad and the ramp were about 1 foot apart. He did it three times in a row and each shot was almost centered on the golf ball. I am no where near that good

I like to shoot soda cans at 300 and 400 yds. Cheap exploding targets I bet I could fit a few of them in the golf bag case

Boolit Buddy
    Lloyd that is a very cool rig. Great job on the build.

Boolit Buddy
    Is it me or does that floor tile look like a target pattern too? Great idea for hidden in plain sight.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    no cast for deer hunting. For that I will use a 110 barnes. load goes 2400 out of the 16 and 2150 out of the 8.5. that bullet is extreamly accurate in both my bigger guns. Groups with the 16 are the kind that people call you a lier for posting
    110g Varmageddon or TSX are nice loads too with W231 or H110 for supers on 300BLK pistols.
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Banned

ya those 110 barnes loads are with 110. Cast I use wc297 and wc820 because I have a lot and it was cheap. Ive got a couple hundred loaded up with that barnes load that will probably last till I cant walk to my blind anymore. Im not much interested in sub sonic. I have one suppressor for a 556 and personaly I think it was a waste of a lot of good gun money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig556r View Post
    110g Varmageddon or TSX are nice loads too with W231 or H110 for supers on 300BLK pistols.