RotoMetals2Load DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home/Carry Revolvers

Boolit Master

I shot matches in the 60's thru the 80's(We called them Combat Matches back then). Quit a few police officers came and shot with us. I started shooting those matches because I had never shot a revolver/pistol much in my early years and was not a good shot at all. A bulls hind end would have probably been safe at anything over 10 paces. The matches were separated by gun( pistol, revolver, and .22lr.) and classes in each(Master, Expert, Sharpshooter, and Novice). I never made Master with anything but the revolver( a .45acp Model 25-2 5" inch barrel) and I quickly learned I could shoot double action much faster and more accurately. Rules took your 9 targets total score on a standard police target at various ranges, and the time (in seconds) divided into the target score gave you your final score. I learned to really love revolvers from that experience and I have been a revolver man since. my experience anyway, james

Banned
    I've gone through all of the handgun phases: target, combat, steel, plastic, pistol, revolver, big, little, etc. In fact, I repeated some of the phases. Somewhere deeply entrenched in my DNA is a passion for DA revolvers. There's just something about DA revolvers that clicks inside my brain.

That's a nice collection of DA revolvers the OP has.

The 3" Round Butt, heavy barrel, S&W Model 13 is particularly nice. That is one of the best combat handguns ever made.
    The RB and 3" tube makes it far more "packable" than a 4" square butt K-frame. The fixed sights will not get hung up on clothing or gear; nor will they get "out of adjustment". The 3" barrel allows for a longer sight radius than a 2" tube and you get a full length ejector rod in the deal. While those magnum K-frames shouldn't be fed magnum rounds exclusively, they will shoot a lifetime of 38 Special +P.

The only addition I would suggest is a Tyler "T" grip adaptor or a set of factory S&W combat grips. The Tyler grip adaptor will greatly improve the handling of the gun while maintaining its old school cool looks.

A model 65 with S&W Combat grips
    and a 4" Model 10 with a Tyler T-grip adaptor:

Attachment 246078
    Last edited by Petrol & Powder; 08-01-2019 at 08:31 AM.

Boolit Master
    My EDC and bedside gun, a 3” M-64 in a Lobo offset belt clip, carried AIWB.

2” 10-5

You, sir, have excellent taste in revolvers.

For me, a civilian, revolvers just make more sense. I find them much easier to shoot precisely, faster on the draw and more reliable. As pointed out above, watching those wadcutter cluster together is very confidence inspiring. If things head south at O'darkThirty, I want my revolver and pump shotgun period.

Moderator Emeritus

Quite the gorgeous collection! The only one I've had is the Colt Detective Special, but mine, s/n AE5xxx, made in 1993, sports a two inch barrel. I'd wished for/hoped for/wished I could afford one like you have with that added inch barrel length, but as my older son oft' says, "it is what it is" -- with the 2-incher -- buy the story, not the gun, right? -- that it was the back-up for a LEO who bought it new in 1993, making it a relatively un-fired one-owner revolver.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ColtDetSpec.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	246470
    geo

Boolit Grand Master

Mine is an Agent - same thing with an aluminum frame.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12