Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad DataLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: Target Sized White or Pearl Grips for a Ruger Redhawk

Target Sized White or Pearl Grips for a Ruger Redhawk

Hi, All -

I've got a vintage 1984 Ruger RH in 357 mag caliber. The stock grips are much too small for me, and I've replaced them with target sized wooden grips. These fit real well.

However, to round out the grips for this piece, I'd like to have a set of white or pearl target (oversized) grips. They won't fit my hand any better than the wooden target grips I now have, but I'd like to get them for the look. I've got an affinity to white and pearl grips for my revolvers.

I've searched but can only find the standard sized (small) white grips for the Redhawk.

I've seen a pair of target sized white grips for the RH listed for sale on a many years old forum post, but that's it.

Any information would be appreciated.

Pic of the RH with current wooden grips, and pic of the S&W 28-2 with white target sized grips:

Bayou52
    Bayou52
    NRA Life Member
    "Keep Calm and Reload"

Boolit Master
    You want imitation ivory. Remember what Gen Patton said about pearl grips.

Boolit Grand Master

There used to be a few maker making feips from corian counter top material. Don't know it they are still going. That might be a nice durable option

Try arizona custom grips. They have an ebay store. I don’t know if they make any for that particular model, but I have bought imitation ivory grips for some single action revolvers from them, and they have been good quality and durable.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

^^^ Thanks. Arizona Custom does make white grips for the RH, but unfortunately for me, they are only the smaller, magna, sized rather than the larger target size.

Bayou52
    Bayou52
    NRA Life Member
    "Keep Calm and Reload"

Are you a New Orleans Pimp?

Boolit Buddy
    Pearl grips like to crack

So I’ve been told

I think we’re all entitled to our own ideas as to style, long dead famous soldiers aesthetic hangups not withstanding.

Boolit Master

I have 2 sets of Pearl Grips. The set on my old Blued S&W 10 w/6"bbl is brought up to a better fit in my hand by just adding a TYLER T-Grip. I got this for $1.00 at an old Full Line Sporting Goods Store 35yrs ago when the new owners changed it over to a Ski/Surf Shop. Got a box of 20 odd pairs at a dollar each. The Blue and White are a nice contrast.

The other set are Factory Medallion on My Grandmother's old Nickel LemonSqueezer in .32S&W, I swap them out for a pair of wood I made just to shoot this Revolver.

You have to Remember that Pearl Grips that are not Stabilized with a backing material are a bit Fragile.

You might look into Tyler T-Grips. And Ruger might make Replacement Grips for your RH.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by curioushooter View Post
    Are you a New Orleans Pimp?
    South East Louisiana......that's the correct area .

I'm a bit of a grip junkie , visit a lot of makers sites and do not remember seeing any oversized target grips in pearl. Maybe a custom maker might be willing to do a set . Pearl polymers come in large enough blanks , good looking and a tough material .
    I did some site searching and came up empty handed... I'm thinking your best bet is a custom made set .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Thanks, Guys -

Looks like I'm really searching for shadows with this one.

Gary's idea of custom made grips may be the only option...

Since I really enjoy that 357 RH, if I can find a grip maker to take the order, I may go that route.

And, BTW, I abandoned Orleans Parish nearly 30 years ago when it became intolerable to live in...it's St. Tammany Parish for me...

Bayou52
    Bayou52
    NRA Life Member
    "Keep Calm and Reload"

Boolit Master

Have you tried Eagle Grips? https://www.eaglegrips.com/ They don't list it for the Redhawk, but they make grips with Kirinite in assorted colors of Pearl and Ivory. Maybe they can help you out.

I've gotten really fond of Kirinite. Unlike some polymer materials, which always feel slick, Kirinite feels sticky, in a good way. I got some checkered Kirinite grips for a 1911 from Eagle Grips, and it feels like the gun is glued to my hand. I like it.
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Boolit Master
    Nice to hear that about the Kirinite I have looked on line but never handled any.

If you decide to make them yourself, this is worthy of review as it pertains to raw material.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ro-grip-making

Quote Originally Posted by Norske View Post
    You want imitation ivory. Remember what Gen Patton said about pearl grips.
    Patton is dead as yesterday's newspaper.
    Free men own guns. Slaves don't.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by kywoodwrkr View Post
    If you decide to make them yourself, this is worthy of review as it pertains to raw material.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ro-grip-making
    Resin Ivory+S is the bomb if you like the look of ivory. I want to make some using this material. The blanks aren't cheap but they sure don't look like the dozens of ivory polymer grip panels you see.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    I have several more blocks of Resin Ivory+s and the Resin Ivory+R. The “grain” is different in each one. I’m working on some sets now that have larger grain and look very, very, real. Lots of nice cream and white colors in a natural flow. I love this stuff.

Well, I emailed Eagle customer service to see if they would make a set of target sized white grips for the RH. Waiting on a response...

Bayou52
    Bayou52
    NRA Life Member
    "Keep Calm and Reload"