Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWideners
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2

Thread: My Lars 45/45/10 is hard

My Lars 45/45/10 is hard

Haven’t used it in quite awhile..what’s the best way to get it solvent again..it’s like a thick grease right now. Seems the thinner or mineral spirits all evaporated

Boolit Buddy
    I would boil a pot of water. Remove it from the heat and set that plastic bottle in that hot water. When it gets syrupy I would add some mineral spirits. You may have to replace the hot water a few times.

I would roughly guestimate how much is left in that bottle/jug and add back in 10% by volume odorless mineral spirits.

I made mine with cheap paint thinner that I had in the basement. It has worked just fine. Coleman fuel/Naphtha would work also. But the original recipe that Recluse gifted to us all called for odorless mineral spirits. Recluse refers to the finished consistency as like that of Coca-Cola.

JM

Quote Originally Posted by JM7.7x58 View Post
    I would boil a pot of water. Remove it from the heat and set that plastic bottle in that hot water. When it gets syrupy I would add some mineral spirits. You may have to replace the hot water a few times.

I would roughly guestimate how much is left in that bottle/jug and add back in 10% by volume odorless mineral spirits.

I made mine with cheap paint thinner that I had in the basement. It has worked just fine. Coleman fuel/Naphtha would work also. But the original recipe that Recluse gifted to us all called for odorless mineral spirits. Recluse refers to the finished consistency as like that of Coca-Cola.

JM
    Worked like a charm! Thanks a million

Boolit Buddy
    I’m glad it worked out for you!
    JM