MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2

Thread: Ceiner 22 conversion for a 1911

Boolit Master

Ceiner 22 conversion for a 1911

Does anyone know if there is an after market magazine that will work in the Ceiner conversion? Brownells advertises one that fits many of the conversion units according to them.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Boolit Grand Master

I have a marvel conversion for my 1911s. not sure if the mag from it would work or not. Its a very accurate unit and easy to install remove. But the mags are a little pricey when found. You might check with them and see what they say

Boolit Buddy
    Years ago i purchased a Kart Conversion (used) with no magazine. I found that the Kimber magazines work fine but won't lock open on the last shot. No problem as i count as i'm shooting.
    John D

NRA Endowment Member

Boolit Buddy
    Kimber mags will work, but they are plastic and will wearout faster.
    Just get a couple of ceiner mags and pay for them over the next year and you will be much happier. I havent had a jam or any other
    problem when using the ceiner mag, the worn kimber is a 5 shot mag. now. I use that mag. with subsonics and cycle the slide
    as a singleshot. Things are happier that way.

Super Moderator

I have been using the Pro-Mag magazines in my Marvel conversion. They are similar to the Kimber mags. So far they have been working just fine.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/15...-polymer-black

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 475BH View Post
    Just get a couple of ceiner mags
    Last I heard Jonathan Arthur Ceiner was in prison for fraud. Not sure if his company is still operating or not.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master
    I would call the various companies and ask if their magazines will work there can't be that much difference. I have a kit from Advantage Arms and the mags are plastic/polymer and have held up well with little to no signs of wear.

Boolit Master
    Ciener's website is still up last update a little over a year ago. You can try ordering from the site don't bother calling he doesn't answer his phone.
    Be aware Ciener has a reputation of not being the most pleasent human being to deal with

Boolit Buddy
    The early Kimber conversions were made by Ciener and had metal mags. Gun shows can be a source for the mags. Try a GSG mag, it fits the Colt 70 frame and may work. I sold my Ciener since I prefer a dedicated .22 but the conversion is a nice option.
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavage View Post
    ...Be aware Ciener has a reputation of not being the most pleasent human being to deal with
    Several years ago I bought a 22 conversion unit from him. As I recall, he replied with some nasty comment when I asked a question!
    NRA Life
    NMLRA Life
    F&AM