Load DataWidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1909 Argentine load

Boolit Mold
    Why try to form etc when ammoseek is your friend - Privi...$14 a box (plus shipping) to your door

Boolit Grand Master

I have rebarreled several 1891 Argentine Mausers with NOS original barrels. All are short chambered by about .010" to .020". I have rebarreled a couple and shot them prior to reaming them to proper headspace. I used a ground down shell holder to size the cases. Due to the expense of renting a reamer I waited until I had a couple ready to be cut. I also found that the headspace gauge I rented was not correct. This was confirmed by Pacific Tool & Die with their optical comparator. I used factory ammo and my resized cases to set the headspace and they work fine.
    Also the 1889 Belgium 7.65 case was 53mm, while the proper length for the 1891 and 1909 is 53.4mm. The original 1891 barrels measured .314" while the ammo was .311". The bullet size was increased to .313"after the 1909 rifles were put into service with the spitzer bullet. Many of the 1891s had the rear sight changed to reflect the difference in trajectory. Many did not.
    Quite a few years ago some ammo, which appeared to be surplus was imported, but had been made by a private firm on the old worn out Argentine machinery. Most of this was a tight fit in my one 1891 I had then. It also was loaded on the warm side.
    I previously had to segregate cases by each gun but now have all the chambers cut so the ammo will interchange. I use the RCBS dies and trim die when reloading them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12