Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: $7.00 Sheridan Silver Streak

Boolit Buddy

$7.00 Sheridan Silver Streak

Well the title pretty much says it all. I stopped at a garage sale today and paid $7.00 dollars for a functional Sheridan Silver Streak. I spent twice that amount buying 5mm pellets from amazon.

The stock could use a refinishing, and the rocker safety gets stuck in the fire position. Otherwise it seems to be in good shape.

I’ll post a few pics tomorrow!

JM

So refinish the stock, I used true oil on my blue streak some 5 years back. Love the way it came out.

Safety sticking is probably binding on stock somewhere. When you have it apart look at that area closely.
    Might want to relieve a bind spot lightly. Otherwise, long as it is stuck in fire, your good to go.

Considering I paid 150$ plus shipping and tax for my last Sheridan (backup for ol blue) I'd say you owe yourself a cold adult beverage.

Celebrate man!

Boolit Master

Wow!!!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Buddy
    That's a heck of a deal. I've only seen one at a fishing swap and the owner knew what he had. Wanted 125 for it.
    "There are no solutions there are only tradeoffs" ~ Thomas Sowell

Boolit Master

If one were to want to avoid the 5mm pellet hassle, how hard would it be to fit a .177 or .22 barrel to one?

Nosey folks just wanta know.

Boolit Grand Master

Greetings
    We have owned the lesser cousin "Blue Streak" .177 since 1978. I cannot imagine how many pigeons, sparrows, black birds, gophers, blue jays and whatever else needed dispatching were quick and easily done in.
    Put a receiver sight on it and you have a fantastic pump up. Still have our's and no you cannot buy it.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Quote Originally Posted by TCLouis View Post
    If one were to want to avoid the 5mm pellet hassle, how hard would it be to fit a .177 or .22 barrel to one?

Nosey folks just wanta know.
    Pretty sure there is no way to swap a barrel.

You can get either a 1322 with the shoulder stock which would be a pump up. Or I believe Benjamin makes a fairly close variant of the Sheridan in .22.

As for me, when I saw the prices increasing on 5mm ammo I stacked it deep and wide. Somewhere over 5k rounds on hand not counting a couple of yellow boxes half full of the old Sheridan pellets.

Stocked .177 and .22 Crosman premier hollow points also.

But if you shop online it is not that hard to find 5mm pellets. Just they are not as cheap as they were.

Cool.

There's a fella in Greenville, Texas that sells parts and rebuild kits for those and Benjamins.

A few years ago, I got a pump rebuild kit for my 1967 issue pump 'em up Benjamin .22 single shot.
    It's at least as good as when it was new.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    Pretty sure there is no way to swap a barrel.

You can get either a 1322 with the shoulder stock which would be a pump up. Or I believe Benjamin makes a fairly close variant of the Sheridan in .22.

As for me, when I saw the prices increasing on 5mm ammo I stacked it deep and wide. Somewhere over 5k rounds on hand not counting a couple of yellow boxes half full of the old Sheridan pellets.

Stocked .177 and .22 Crosman premier hollow points also.

But if you shop online it is not that hard to find 5mm pellets. Just they are not as cheap as they were.
    And the pellets aren't as good as they used to be. H&N used to make an awesome wadcutter match pellet but quit making it 3-4 years ago. Luckily I stocked up before they disappeared.

Some of the later versions were drilled and tapped to accept a William's peep sight. If yours was set up for the peep sight get it. It makes a good air rifle, great.

Boolit Buddy
    I do not have a Silver Streak. I have a Blue Streak. It is a 1978 model C. There is nothing wrong with the safety as far as I can tell. It can only be engaged after the rifle is cocked.

I am very happy with my seven dollar purchase. I really want my pellets to arrive quick. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

I will report back once I get to shoot it.

JM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B3F2B67F-961D-4EFF-981E-007EC9E5EC2E.jpg  
    Last edited by JM7.7x58; 07-22-2019 at 01:37 AM.

Boolit Master
    My Blue Streak dates to 1969, did have it rebuilt sometime in the 90's. Replaced theopen sight with the peep and it is an accurate and powerful little shooter. Had no idea they were so valuable.

Boolit Master
    Very nice score! I found a hold down safety from very early 60s in an antique shop. It is one of my favorite rifles, air or powder! Those Sheridan’s will shoot very tight when fed a good pellet. H&N field target trophy’s are the pellet of choice in mine. Premiers and H&N wadcutters shoot almost as well. Mine was built with an adjustable pump rod to eliminate “waste space” between the cup and valve. Adjusted carefully when I reassembled after resealing and it gives factory velocities at 6 pumps. Comparable to my 80s vintage at 8 strokes. Thanks for reminding me about these, going to shoot mine tomorrow!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Buddy
    My pellets arrived today. At eight pumps me gun will penetrate a 7/16” piece of OSB, the backside will blister, but it does not pass through. I have no way to check the velocity. That being said I’m still impressed with the penetration.

At this point I am going to oil my gun and shoot it as is. Very happy with my score.

JM

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Oil that stock and post some pics when done!

Boolit Grand Master

Fantastic buy!
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    That’s great. Those old Dans are
    Just fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk