RotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: Information requested for the Electra case feeders?

Boolit Master

Information requested for the Electra case feeders?

Gentleman:
    I'll make a real long story as short as possible, in 2017 I was looking at E Bay and spotted this unknown brand electric case feeder and bought it.

When it arrived I no sooner had a chance to, literally, glance at it when I was hit by a stroke and was laid up for quite a while.

Fast forward to 2019 and I am doing much better although semi retired.

During my recovery the girl friend re arranged the home several times and the case feeder was lost!

During a summer cleaning, yesterday, we found it! I now would like to get it running and, hopefully fit to one of my CH Auto Champ in line press's.

Now on to the information I hope to find: it does not plug into an electric outlet, at least not directly, instead it has a jack, much like a speaker or head phones. I am bot sure if the motor is 110 volts or uses a transformer of some type to power the motor.

This is what I need to know, I have not taken it apart as yet, plan to today in hopes of finding info on voltage off the motor as I can't see anything on the visible parts.

Other than a power source it is complete and ready to run but if all else fails I'll find out if a Dillion motor can be adapted to the case feeder and then put it to use.

I have a Dillion case feeder on my other CH Auto Champ, this was a case of the cheap's and had I known I wouldn't have bought it!

So if Electra is still in business, searched Google no luck, or if you know the voltage or have said power source please let me know.

Hope to get lucky and find out all I need to is put a 110 plug on it!

Thanks in advance,

HM

Boolit Master
    OOPS!
    a correction in spelling: I got a magnifying glass out ant maker of this case feeder is actually Letica,hope that helps

HM

Unless someone chimes in you will need to see if there is a transformer inside, Look for a diode bank to D.C. Chances are 115 ac input. Reread your post, The transformer is likely like a cellphone charger.
    Last edited by super6; 07-20-2019 at 03:52 PM.
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Boolit Master
    well I took it apart and found that it was a homemade case feeder that was a good idea but very poorly made!

All the screws that held it together were of a beveled head design with no washer for support, good for wood but useless in thin plastic, they pulled right through the plastic as I was handling it, no way it would have run more than Five minutes before falling apart.

The plastic outer shell was actually a cut down 3 gallon bucket from Leica Plastics Corp. Hence the name, good news is the electric motor was made by TRW so there is hope I can make it work by using the right nuts, bolts and washers provided I can find some power source.

Otherwise this will go in the trash and be chalked up as a lesson in Stupid Tax!

HM

Boolit Bub
    I bought one one of these things too.
    REALLY should have spared myself the anguish and bought the Dillon for $100 more.
    Pay the tax and move on.
    Glad you're doing better.

Boolit Master
    once I found out the "drive motor" was a 12 volt car heater door, to adjust heat, I chucked it in the trash and never looked back!

Paid the Stupid Tax and called it done!

Never again, LOL!

HM

Boolit Buddy
    Case feeders are stupid simple to build...
    eBay & Amazon are full of 10 RPM AC 'Can' motors for under $20,
    Bin is literally a 5 gallon bucket with holes drilled in the bottom.
    Rotor is wood or HDPE scrap off eBay.

While bullet feeders are a little more complicated since the bullet has to be 'Flipped', case feeders don't have anything but a feed slot in the bottom of the bin and the width of that slot is the only 'Adjustment' needed.
    Gravity does the orientation ('flipping') of the case, the head being much heavier than the mouth...

While you *Can* spend up to $100 on a case feeder components, you can also do one for $25-$30.

-------------

I probably can't explain this...

When I'm doing rifle cases, the rotor drops the case in a slot in the bin sideways, no tipping like Dillon and most other case feeders do.
    That case falls sideways on a 1" bar across the funnel.
    The heavy end ALWAYS drops off the bar first into the funnel.

Think of a rectangle ketchup bottle, the small kind in restaurants, but inverted.
    The case falls in the inverted ketchup bottle sideways, just dropped from the bottom of the rotor,
    The case hits a bar across the inverted bottle, which arrests the fall.
    The heavy end ALWAYS falls into the neck of the ketchup bottle, 100% of the time.
    (I actually used a ketchup bottle when I was working out the design details)

This method isn't for the hand machine guys, a metered length slot is fine for slow consumption (Dillon & others)
    This is for 3,000 rifle cases an hour from 1 case feeder, it's REALLY high speed and 100% reliable.
    It would work for hand loaders also, a little more complicated but the 100% reliability factor is there, NEVER a flipped rifle case.