WidenersLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline Fabrication

Thread: REMAKE - MP-Molds - 45 Caliber Hollow Base Wadcutter Mold - 453-395

Boolit Master

REMAKE - MP-Molds - 45 Caliber Hollow Base Wadcutter Mold - 453-395

Arrived on Thursday. Quality is everything I've come to expect from Miha. After degreasing and running thru a couple cycles of heating up and cooling down, I finally got around to casting with it. My biggest worry was what size the bullets were going to drop from the mould at. I have a couple S&W Model 25's with the large throats, so I need the bullets large. Plus, since this is a HBWC, I would be casting them really soft without any antimony, so they will drop smaller in diameter than a hard bullet would. I was very pleased to find them dropping at .454". Weight lubed (only lubing the lower lube groove) is 237 - 238gr. Haven't shot them yet but I'm sure they'll do well.

Don
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Just thought I would pass on a tip on how I am loading these. I have 3 S&W Model 25's: one which has normal throats (a rare bird), and the other 2 have the Model 25 "normal" .455-.456" throats. Thankfully, Miha's moulds cast bullets larger than their stated size. Mine drop out of the mould at about .455". I set up my Lyman sizer with a .455" sizer die and only have the bullet go in it far enough to put lube in the lower lube groove, so the front driving band doesn't get sized, which is fine. The upper lube groove gets no lube and is used as a crimp groove. When sizing to .452" however, this presents a problem as the front driving band will be .455" while the rest of the bullet is .452". So, what I do is reverse the bullet (hollowbase up) and put it in the sizer only far enough to size the driving band. Then turn the bullet over and lube and size it up to the upper lube groove without putting lube in it. Hope this helps someone.

Don
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    NRA Life Member