WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackbox
Load Data

Thread: Lbt style molds

Boolit Bub

Lbt style molds

If a man was wanting to purchase some molds for a.45 colt in 260gr and 320gr. in a wln or wfn, Is there another manufacturer that has comparable offerings?

Boolit Master
    there has never been the options in molds available from custom mold makers as we have today off the top of my head there is LBT, accurate molds, mountain molds, NOE, arsenal, Mp-molds, lee, RCBS, Saeco and Lyman.

Boolit Master

I assume that there are options for the LBT style, have not looked have the one from LBT that I really wanted. Far right is a 230 grain OWC. They do cast like a dream and are well built, sprue plate is a little odd but works fine.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41 bullets.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	267873

Boolit Master
    The best place to get LBT style molds is........wait for it............LBT.

Boolit Bub
    I was referring more to the bullet design. I have some wfn a guy cast for me, that came out of an LBT mold. I would like something similar, but not sure about LBTs lead times.

Boolit Master

LBT molds are the easiest to cast with for me. So well ventilated, and the sprue plate opens easier than others I've used.

Ordering lead times are a crap shoot. He's old school. The order form is printed and completed by pen, then a check/money order is mailed to very remote Idaho. No communication from Veral. In my case, anywhere from 10 days to 5 weeks later, a mold arrives in the mailbox.

I am glad I paid a bit more and waited, because my LBT molds are treasures.

Accurate will cut just about any profile you want (unless you need something without a flat nose). So you could get an LBT clone there in the mold material and cavity numbers that you prefer.
    "There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something."
    ~Thorin Oakenshield

Boolit Bub
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    LBT molds are the easiest to cast with for me. So well ventilated, and the sprue plate opens easier than others I've used.

Ordering lead times are a crap shoot. He's old school. The order form is printed and completed by pen, then a check/money order is mailed to very remote Idaho. No communication from Veral. In my case, anywhere from 10 days to 5 weeks later, a mold arrives in the mailbox.

I am glad I paid a bit more and waited, because my LBT molds are treasures.

Accurate will cut just about any profile you want (unless you need something without a flat nose). So you could get an LBT clone there in the mold material and cavity numbers that you prefer.

+1 to Taterhead's assessment of LBT moulds. Here's a pic of the results of a 460gr. .459" PB LBT CB from my .45-70 @ 50 yd.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img428 copy.jpg  

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Maven View Post
    +1 to Taterhead's assessment of LBT moulds. Here's a pic of the results of a 460gr. .459" PB LBT CB from my .45-70 @ 50 yd.
    Hey, GREAT shooting!
    "There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something."
    ~Thorin Oakenshield

Smile

Thanks, th!

Boolit Master
    Veral (LBT) takes FOREVER if you get it at all. Id never use LBT again for anything. I use Accurate and always get a great mould fast.

Boolit Buddy
    I have purchased countless molds from Veral @ LBT Molds and never had a long wait period . In fact just 2 months ago I ordered a new one , took a couple of weeks . His molds are the best IMHO and I have tried molds from most of those listed above . Tom @ Accurate does a pretty good job as well , has a better selection . His wait time currently is 3 weeks . Regards Paul

Boolit Master

Here are the LBT molds I recently got at auction and haven't had time to shoot yet. Top Quality and interesting designs.