Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLoad DataInline Fabrication
WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heat wave. Please keep cool and keep an eye on loved ones.

Boolit Master

Wow, that's about $500 worth of fresh raspberries in the local grocery store here! Nice work.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Here in Puget Sound, it was cold enough at 6:30 AM i had to turn on the heater in the car on my way to work! Been a cold and wet July. Really wet. Sun finally came out and its right around 70 degrees. Feels good.
    Last edited by PS Paul; 07-20-2019 at 07:38 PM.
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

Boolit Master

Being a retired Pro FF anything is better than a fire this time of year in the big city. You know it is hot when you come out of the fire building to change tank on the SCBA and want to go back right then as the SCBA air is cooler than breathing off the fire ground.

Much happier being retired and picking raspberries! God bless the men protecting us from the dragon.

Boolit Master
    Happens every year. Actually here in E TX when it gets to the 100s it feels a little more comfortable as it is hot enough to drive the humidity down a little.

Quote Originally Posted by bmortell View Post
    never be afraid to just dump water on your noggin, last summer I was running a few miles daily and when it was 90s I would go shirtless and wet my hair and upper body before running, the evaporative air conditioning effect works so good i felt cold when running in the shade.
    What are the bald people like me with no hair to hold the water supposed to do??

Boolit Buddy
    Storms came through yesterday afternoon, and took the heat with them. Very comfortable here, in Wis. today.

Boolit Master

Today is the last of the heat here thank God.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAlofPa. View Post
    Today is the last of the heat here thank God.
    Yea,Now we have about 4 months to go before we start complaining about how cold it is.LOL

Boolit Master
    Fired 100 rounds yesterday and 100 today at 2pm trying to get a new barrel broke in on a pistol that was being a problem. Lapped it some and shot 100 rounds at the backyard range. 5" group at 35 yards and cleaned easily. Now I can finish shooting it in with no further lapping. Temp was 96 both days with the heat index above 105. I was about to give up on HT.

Boolit Master

We were in Seguin/San Antonio, Tx past 3 days. Wife and I took our 16 yo grandson for a baseball tournament. Played at 5:45 on Fri, about 98 degrees. Saturday, 1 at San Antonio, UTSA, 11:00 AM and 1 at 3:30PM in Seguin, TxLU. Sunday, 2 at TxLU, 3:30PM and 5:45. (doubleheader). Young men won all 5, won the championship 6-4. For us, 1st game had a little shade, the rest were wide open. About 98 degrees for all games, heat index upwards close to 110. Everyone stayed hydrated, no problems for our young men or we spectators. Except for the 1st game, no concessions, so we all had coolers and drank a ton. We went thru about 25 Propel, 12 Gator Ades, 24 waters and 12 Diet Pepsi's (Me) in 3 days for 3 people. Plus what we drank before and after the games. Key is to be acclimatized and hydrate. We are used to 98 degrees and high humidity, so we know how to handle it. You have to be careful, and not let your guard down. Always be vigilant.

Attachment 245574
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Waiting on a Northern to cool things down to 90. I'm gonna need a light wrap.....brr.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk