Inline FabricationRepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: Does anyone have a CZ 97b or bd?

Boolit Master

Does anyone have a CZ 97b or bd?

I've wanted to own one for a number of years now. The last time I looked there were none to be found so I got a CZ 75 SP01 instead. It's a wonderful and accurate pistol, another that I own that has never seen a factory load.

The 97, if I can trade off one of my shotguns for it, won't see and factory loads either. However, they seem to be as scarce as hen's teeth. I know IMI and EAA have clones, but are they as good as the CZ itself?
    Last edited by Tom W.; 07-17-2019 at 05:27 PM.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    I've wanted bone for a number of years now. The last time I looked there were none to be found so I got a CZ 75 SP01 instead. It's a wonderful and accurate pistol, another that I own that has never seen a factory load.

The 97, if I can trade off one of my shotguns for it, won't see and factory loads either. However, they seem to be as scarce as hen's teeth. I know IMI and EAA have clones, but are they as good as the CZ itself?
    No but I want one. CZ 75s with some Cajun Gunworks goodies are some of the best shooting da autos I have ever shot.
    I have not personally had one of the clones but would base my decision on weather Cajun supports it or not. My Rami has a 6lb da trigger smooth as glass and 3lb sa trigger that is perfect .
    My other Cajun CZs just as good I have put cajun parts in 5 other CZs for friends after they shoot mine and they go buy one and have me order parts....amazing guns with a little trigger work.

Boolit Master
    I have Cajun Gun Works glossy blue 97B E model I got in 2014. It shoots better than I can. If you are looking for new factory 97B, Toole Shooting Supply, Toole Utah has then in stock for $659. Nice folks to do business with.

Boolit Mold
    I know this is a month old thread but, if you have the scratch, a eaa tanfoglio witness is not too bad.
    I actually have a cz97 bd and a witness 45 and prefer the witness.
    Sure the Cz is put together with more care but the witness preserves the grip and locking arraignment of the 75 series more closely.
    Recently, I acquired a witness stock 3 which is the up version of the witness in 10mm.
    This stock 3 is the best pistol I've had my hands on.
    I'm thinking about selling some stuff just so I can buy more stock 3s in other calibers.
    I own at least 15 Cz pistols but they don't do 10mm and the 97 locks up barrel hood\slide so that may be why they don't 10mm.
    Tanfoglio also does poly lowers now and those are going to weigh less if that matters to you.
    I am not lugging these things around however, just range toys.

Boolit Master
    I haven't seen one yet, but I have some of my buddies looking for someone who wants my shotgun. I can then feel better about buying one.....

Although Monday I went doing some chores and stopped at a pawnshop and fondled a 1911 style pistol. I wasn't familiar with the make and like a fool I didn't write it down so I could look it up on the web, but it wasn't made in the Philippines and was as tight as anything I've ever seen. It was moderately priced and looked really good. Maybe I'll go back tomorrow. The other place was way too high in his pricing, IMO, although I know the guy at the gun counter will knock off $100 if he has too.
    Last edited by Tom W.; 08-13-2019 at 09:17 PM.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Buddy
    I have CZs and I have Canik clones of the CZs, as well as handling the Tanfoglio clones. In my opinion if you get any of those three you will be very satisfied. The clones from Tanfoglio (the Witness line specifically) and from Canik are very well build and finished. They may have a few dimensional changes that keep you from being able to use all the CZ branded accessories, but I've found that for the most part the important things like sights are interchangeable between the brands and grips and holsters are mostly interchangeable with a few modifications. If you can't find a legit CZ 97, then I would certainly recommend either a Canik (they may still be labeled as Tristar, which is the US importer) or Tanfoglio

Boolit Buddy
    I just purchased CZ97 BD as my last gun couple months ago. Installed CGW spring kit with longer firing pin and it was working great but now I'm getting light primer strikes. I need to take it apart and clean everything again and if it continues I'll have to start replacing springs again. I do like that gun I've been just busy with other guns and other projects but I need to get this CZ running right again. Solid gun though I would buy it again I just dont like the factory grips but I'll eventually will replace those.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by marek313 View Post
    I just purchased CZ97 BD as my last gun couple months ago. Installed CGW spring kit with longer firing pin and it was working great but now I'm getting light primer strikes. I need to take it apart and clean everything again and if it continues I'll have to start replacing springs again. I do like that gun I've been just busy with other guns and other projects but I need to get this CZ running right again. Solid gun though I would buy it again I just dont like the factory grips but I'll eventually will replace those.
    Hate to hear about the light strikes I have only put the CGW kits in 9s the Rami and 75B versions. They are all 100%.
    Have you checked with CGW to see if they have any suggestions ?