WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading

Thread: WTB-WTT for Sig P239 Short Reach Trigger

Boolit Buddy

WTB-WTT for Sig P239 Short Reach Trigger

I’m looking for a Short Reach Trigger for a P239.
    Thanks
    “You’ve got to slow down to be fast” - Dad

Boolit Master
    Sig hasn't made the P239 for at least two years or so. I have one in the shorty 40 and started looking for one in 9mm. That's when I found out they were discontinued. I bought a Sig West German P6 aka p225 and never looked back.Mine cost me $330 otd and collected a few extra mags, mag pouches and a few different West German holsters. I shoot better with the P6 than my Beretta 92FS with it's .357 bore. Frank

Banned
    Wheelgun - The P239 is a fine gun and the short reach trigger was an option when they were in production. I would suggest searching Evil bay and Gun Parts Inc. but that may prove to be a futile effort.

I will second what samari46 wrote - the P225 [AKA P6] is a great gun and not much larger than the P239. If the P239 won't work for you without a short reach trigger and you cannot find the appropriate trigger; I would suggest you seek out a P6/225 as a replacement.

I have a former West German police P6 and it is one of the best pistols that SIG made. They are fairly compact, extremely reliable, accurate and just solid guns.

My ex had a P239 and I shot it many times, it was a good gun but I would pick a used P225 [P6] over the 239 if I had a choice.

BTW - if you can find a P228, it is almost the same size as a 225 except that it has a double stack magazine. In terms of size, weight and capacity, the P228 was in the same class as a Glock 19. Just tossing that out there. While I prefer the single stack 225 over the double stack 228, there's almost no difference in terms of overall size and ability to conceal it.

Boolit Buddy
    Suggest you try Top Gun Supply or Grayguns for the trigger.https://grayguns.com/.
    And Mr. Frank.....
    All that is needed to shoot 9mm through a 40 239 is a Sig 239 9mm barrel. Well documented on the Sig Forum.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks everyone I’ll check out those places. I’m looking at an original P225/p6 right now to go with the P239.

I found out that the new P225-A1 mags fit the p239, but not the original P225. Also the original P255 mags do not fit the new P225-A1

Some say the new P225-A1 triggers will work in the P239.
    “You’ve got to slow down to be fast” - Dad

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the tip regarding the 9mm barrel for the p239 in 40S&W. Still would think you'd need proper mags. Frank

Boolit Buddy
    My 239 in 357 functions just fine with the 9mm barrel using 357 or 40 mags .Ejection is slightly sluggish , but it works!

Boolit Mold
    239 mags are plentiful on fleabay. Prices vary wildly. If your gun has fat grips, Hogue or whatever, going back to a slimmer grip may remove the need for a short trigger. Factory grips are more like knife scales, hardly anybody liked them. Best ones I found are CTC laser grips; makes it a whole different pistol. The above comments on the 225/P6 are spot on, and they are noticeably lighter than the 239, esp in 40/357. That said, the 239 in 357 Sig is a tackdriver. Groundhogs at 50 yards are no problem offhand. Put your earmuffs on first.......