WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackboxReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look what I just found on a glue board in the house.

Boolit Master

Look what I just found on a glue board in the house.

Look what I just found on a glue board in the house. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DAA31B46-9ED8-436A-AA48-C641DFF32F2B.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	245332

Just a little one. 18-23”

Boolit Master

And the type of snake is . . .?
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master
    Chicken/rat

Boolit Master

Rat snake. You're losing an asset there but his place is outside! Put my foot in an old shoe one coldish April morning a couple of years ago.....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	245337
    Last edited by Hogtamer; 07-17-2019 at 05:36 PM.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Buddy
    If that was in my house I would call it a dead snake. My wife would be outside in the car with the doors locked until it was gone.

Boolit Master
    I hate it that it got into the glue board. But it does belong outside.

Boolit Master
    I had a small one it was white with black stripes it muse have came in with a bucket of coal the cats must have taken it up on the counter in the kitchen. the wife found it. soon every one around knew it was there. I through it out side before the wife set the house on fire.

Boolit Master
    I lived in a mobile home in Florida a long time ago. My youngest son, was 9 or 10 at the time he’s 35 now, was in the bathroom using the Facilities. He open the cabinet under the sink to get a fresh roll of TP. And they are sitting next to the TP was a 6 foot yellow rat snake. It was in January or February and had gotten considerably cold for Florida standards and I guess the little fella got cold outside he managed to crawl in around the pipes find a warm place to hang out. I heard this loud scream coming out of the bathroom “dad ! When I got inside and saw what the problem was I Musta left for a half an hour . Sure I’m glad the wife wasn’t home at the time because when a bad move in the next day.
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Master

There's only one reason a snake that eats rodents is inside your house....

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Quote Originally Posted by 762sultan View Post
    If that was in my house I would call it a dead snake. My wife would be outside in the car with the doors locked until it was gone.
    Amen . I don't care for snakes but not afraid of them. My wife is pretty much like yours.

Boolit Master
    Bookworm thats why the glue boards are out. Every couple of months a mouse likes to try to
    Take over. First snake in here since we moved in over 5 yrs ago.

Boolit Master
    My good friends wife gets a little crazy if there's a snake in her zip code. He woke up with her screaming and yelling cuz she could see a snake in the front yard. There was a little dew on the grass and the lawn needed mowing but you could see a track where it had crawled. She said she knew it was a snake cuz it poked it's head up every once in a while. My buddy heads out in his underwear with his wife yelling and heading for the shotgun. She was screaming get away from it when he bent over to pick it up. Box turtle. We give her cards at Christmas and birthday with a turtle theme. You don't see many turtle Christmas cards.

I've heard that olive oil will release the snake. (if it's still alive)

Boolit Master
    Wish I known that. I knew if I tried to pull it off it would have ripped it. I would have tried the oil and tried to release it.

Boolit Master

Snakes don’t bother me, even venomous ones. I don’t let venomous ones stay around the house, but if I find them in the woods, or fields, where they belong, I let them be. I will never forget about 10 years ago I caught a speckled king snake and brought it in for the kids to see. The oldest wanted to keep it and it was only about 18 inches long, so the wife dug out an old aquarium and we set the snake up a nice residence. The kids spent all their time outside catching stuff for the snake. On morning I got up made a pot of coffee and sat down to probably check out this site. I looked over at the aquarium and the lid was off and the snake was gone. We never did find that snake. It either managed to get outside, or it is still in the house somewhere, probably in the crawl space between the two stories of the house where all the utilities and air ducts run. I will say that since the snake escaped I have not had a mouse problem.
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by 1911sw45 View Post
    I hate it that it got into the glue board. But it does belong outside.
    If it was still alive just pour cooking oil over the snakes body and the glue board. He will work loose. Works with house cats too that don't keep noses out of places they don't belong. Oreo stuck one to his nose...

Boolit Buddy
    I used to have a mouse problem in my shop. Nests in the tool box drawers and such. I now have 2 large rat snakes living there. No rodents. Find their sheds now and again. Seen em once in the last two years. We get along just fine.
    "EXPERT= Ex is a has been, spurt is a drip under pressure" Unknown

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    He probably was trying to eat a mouse off the board? Looks like he had a full belly...you can see the bulge. I like snakes myself. Had a few big garder snakes in the garden last year and haven’t seen any since. I added some cover for them so they would stick around. They’re good substitute for mice traps.

I use to catch a lot of them and kept for pets when I was a kid. Most would get loose in the house never to be seen again. A huge garder snake was found in the closet one day by my mom and bit her. That was the last pet snake allowed in the house.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 07-17-2019 at 10:46 PM.

Boolit Master
    I don't much care for snakes and Lori is terrified of them. I haven't seen any since I moved up here, but when I lived in Eufaula I'd see one or two a year in the yard. My neighbors dogs were having a fit one day and he walked out the door to check on them and found a six foot rattlesnake. He shot it and I noticed when I got home that my front and rear yard were both mowed, as well as his yard. When I went over to talk to him he told me what happened. I gave him $20 and said any time that he felt like mowing the lawn to be my guest.

I generally won't injure a nonpoisonous snake. I will get a fairly close view so I can identify it.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

The farm house we used to live was built in 1886 and had a stone foundation. We used to see an occasional snake around the house and didn't think much about it. Snakes we common around the barns which was fine since they eat mice. After about 12 years or so snakes around the house became too common. The UPS man was afraid of snakes and it was fun to watch him tiptoe across the lawn to get to the porch. Even more fun if he spotted a snake. Luckily my wife is better about snakes than I am.

We finally decided that it was time to thin the herd. The first summer I caught 16 black rat snakes and 6 black racers. The rats were easy but the racers were a challenge. Most of the snakes were in the 3 to 4 foot range with several crowding 5 feet. I relocated them several miles away. The second summer I caught 11 snakes but I don't remember the mix. Mostly black rats.

After that the snakes sighting weren't very common and the UPS man really appreciated my efforts.
    Chuck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast