MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2RepackboxReloading Everything
Inline FabricationLoad DataSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: SIG P239 Short Reach Trigger

Boolit Buddy

SIG P239 Short Reach Trigger

I just picked up a like new Sig P239 yesterday day. It’s been converted (supposedly at Sig) from DAK to DA/SA, which I like better. The DAK parts came with it. I took it out last night and shot it when I got home, it ran excellent with no malfunctions. I only ran 3mags of factory hollow points and 3 mags of my 140gr cast through it before it got too dark to see. I’ll do some accuracy test this weekend, but so far I love it. In single action I shoot it really well, but that first DA shot is going to take some work. It’s a pretty good reach for my hands.

I know Sig used to offer a “short reach trigger”. I’ve got them on my other Sigs, but apparently Sig has quit offering it for the P239. Does anyone know where I can find one or a comparable aftermarket trigger?
    “You’ve got to slow down to be fast” - Dad

Boolit Master
    Sig in their infinite wisdom has stopped making the P239. I have one I bought about 10-12 years ago and it likes the WWB 165 40 S&W grain load. Was going to get another in 9mm but found a nice West German P6 aka P225 before I started a search for another P239. Bought a couple extra P239 mags two years ago. Try Brownells as they may have a short reset trigger marked for another Sig but may fit the P239. That's all about that comes to mind. Frank

Boolit Buddy
    Ok thanks I’ll try there. I knew they quit making it, but know knows why. To me it’s the perfect ccw. Mine is in 9mm and just found out that the new p225-a1 mags will work in the P239. Original p225/p6 mags will not, nor will they work in the new P225-A1.

Boolit Buddy
    Brownells was a bust. Guess no one took up where sig left off. I found one company that makes flat and semi-curved triggers but nobody that makes the thin short reach trigger. I guess I’ll see if they are angled farther back than the stock trigger.

Boolit Buddy
    The aftermarket flat and semi-curved trigger, that I found online, are the same distance from the frame as the stock as the factory trigger. So it looks like the search continues

Boolit Master
    Seems when a manufacturer drops a handgun everything either gets sold to the public in a mad rush so they can get what they need or want before everything is gone.There was a pretty good thread on the S&W forum when the P239 was discontinued and the OP was looking for a 357 Sig barrel for the P239. He told that was the last one they had. Chances were Sig had slowed down production/stopped making certain items. Brownells used to sell a aftermarket guide rod for the P239 then in a later catalog wasn't there anymore. Frank