Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load DataInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners

Thread: Lee 379-250-rf?

Boolit Buddy
    Living in the woods, foothills of the Appalachians.

Lee 379-250-rf?

I was going to start casting these for my "J.E.S." 38-55 to work up a load for this year's deer season.

What top punch should I be using in my Lyman Sizer?

Boolit Grand Master

My solution to the ill fitting top punch situation is any boolit with a flat spot... (RF = round flat) is to use a flat top punch . A flat top punch and seating stem is a very easy solution to punch and stem profiles that don't quite fit... Lee makes none to go with their boolits and a close Lyman profile is only close never exact . Fill a cavity with epoxy putty , let harden and sand it dead flat...you got a top punch / seating stem that will work for any boolit with a flat spot on it , WC , SWC , RF , TC....truth be told I have even used them on some RN boolits in a pinch...worked just fine for all .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

I’m using a push through .377” sizer die( Thanks Traffer!) for my JES with the Lee bullet. I’ve tumble lubed them and they shoot good. I’ve loaded some pc’d but haven’t tried them yet.

Boolit Buddy
    Find a top punch that is close or larger and degrease it, coat a bullet nose with JPW "release agent", put some JB Weld in the top punch and make your own custom nose punch. Start the bullet into the size die, put the punch with JB Into the ram, lower the punch onto the bullet nose until JB squeezes out and leave it there.
    When the JB is set sufficiently to not decor, remove the punch and trim off the excess JB and let it finish during before use.
    Probly takes longer to describe than to do. It works.