MidSouth Shooters SupplyPBcastcoTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataReloading Everything
Wideners Repackbox
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: The Bible.... Myth, Real, or Both?

Boolit Master
    Yes, the Dead Sea Scrolls duplicate some of what is the Old Testament. I think that there is even an older find that includes parts of the Hebrew Bible canon. Isaiah had been dead for hundreds of years before the Dead Sea Scrolls were written. The Dead Sea scrolls are not different from the Bible they are just copies of the same stories written hundreds of years before they were copied into the Bible.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    Only that Tim has been arguing for better than a year that the Bible is not true, with NO justifiable evidence. Just pointing out that his logic in his arguments is a failure. He obviously considers it made up fiction. His opinion, his problem.
    Tim's just lonesome and wants someone to listen to him pontificate about what he "believes." What he believes is much less important even to him than simply being heard and the web is the only captive audience he has; I suspect that in our Christian desire to help him we are the only ones who pay him any attention at all. That's sad.

I wish Tim well but I don't beat my head against rock walls and I'm not a head shrink so ... ???

The word of god is true these is a vurse in the bible that states let the word of god be true & every man a liar

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trapper44shooter View Post
    The word of god is true these is a vurse in the bible that states let the word of god be true & every man a liar
    Rom 3:4-8

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    Tim's just lonesome and wants someone to listen to him pontificate about what he "believes." What he believes is much less important even to him than simply being heard and the web is the only captive audience he has; I suspect that in our Christian desire to help him we are the only ones who pay him any attention at all. That's sad.

I wish Tim well but I don't beat my head against rock walls and I'm not a head shrink so ... ???
    What makes you think I am lonesome? Does not take much time to write this stuff here.

I have a full life, job, family, friends, hobbies, pets. No, not lonesome. You just wish. You seem to want to think of me as unhappy, sad for you. Kind of evil.

I spend some time here trying to help some people see the light and you want to run me down.

Nobody here is a captive audience. I have hundreds of followers on Medium. Maybe go look at what I write there. They are not a captive audience either.

https://medium.com/@timknowles

https://medium.com/@timknowles/your-...d-adeeb1304c12

https://medium.com/@timknowles/we-ar...d-2a219a02ea11

Tim

I do not make my comments lightly to Tim, my conviction is that his 'logic' is not logical, it has faults. He contradicts himself. He uses definitions to state his beliefs, Ok. But doesn't believe in 'miracles' but does believe in Creation. Doesn't believe in the Resurrection of Jesus because of no collaborating 'evidence' from other sources. As I stated to him, you think the Romans or Jews are going to write about the guards failure to prevent theft of the body? If ANY of it happened, explain please! This was a violent time to live, the Romans built a ramp to kill zealots, a bridge across a large river to tick off the germans. Do something not 'approved' and you die. Guards that failed were terminated - that is in scripture and elsewhere. Vlad the 'impaler' was a nice guy comparatively.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    I occasionally attempt to remind everyone that this thread is/was intended to give an opportunity for each member to share their personal opinions on Biblical texts. It was hoped they could explain why, or how, they had come to those conclusions.
    There will never be consensus on the question “Truth, myth... in whole or in part?”, but by honest discussion we might be better able to understand each other, whether we disagree (intensely), or not.

As a general rule, everyone with an opinion believes they are right.. kinda the nature of the beast, as far as having opinions goes.
    In essence, this thread was not an attempt to prove whose opinion was correct, but rather to give those that might be interested a chance to better understand those that don’t share the same views.

Hopefully, with a little patience, we may learn more about each other, even if we don’t learn anything new about our opinions, or persuasive enough to change them.
    Understanding each other a little better, even if we simply agree to disagree... That’s never a bad thing.
    Last edited by cainttype; 03-09-2020 at 05:43 AM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    I do not make my comments lightly to Tim, my conviction is that his 'logic' is not logical, it has faults. He contradicts himself. He uses definitions to state his beliefs, Ok. But doesn't believe in 'miracles' but does believe in Creation. Doesn't believe in the Resurrection of Jesus because of no collaborating 'evidence' from other sources.……..
    You are right, sometimes I contradict myself. I would not mind having that pointed out. Some times my logic probably has faults. Nobody is perfect. This is the second time you mentioned my contradiction regarding creation and you are right. I have been thinking about it since you first mentioned it. I guess I do believe in miracles but I am very skeptical. Creation is undeniable and miraculous. Other miracles, incredible things require incredible evidence.

I don't believe in the Resurrection of Jesus. I don't say it did not happen, I don't know. I don't believe it did and it will take some incredible evidence to convince me. I am open minded about it. It is only supported by the weakest of evidence, 2000 year old hearsay testimony. Your explanation of why evidence is so scarce is credible but explaining why evidence is scarce is not evidence. It does not make the existing evidence stronger. It could mean there will never be enough evidence to make a convincing case.

Tim

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718