Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
RepackboxADvertise hereRotoMetals2Titan Reloading

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 356

Thread: The Bible.... Myth, Real, or Both?

  1. #321
    Boolit Buddy
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    You will have to point me to them because I have looked for other eyewitness accounts of Jesus resurrection and have not found any. Even the Bible does not have a eyewitness account of the actual resurrection only an empty tomb second hand stories about Jesus appearing to people after he had died.

    Tim
    get bill o'reilly's book 'Killing Jesus' he will give info , also a book by Lee Strobell "The Case For Christ" here goes;from the bible ; Luke (one example) chapter 24 verse 38 (after the resurrection ) and he (Jesus) said to them,(his disciples) "why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? See my hands and my feet, that it is i myself. touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that i have.".....you're correct that noone saw the actual resurrection however , when mary magdeline went to the tomb there was an angel there and she thought he was the gardener . he said to her why are you looking for the dead among the living? for He is not here , he has risen.......................maybe i should have said "the resurrected Christ rather than Christ's resurrection.
    Last edited by a danl; 02-21-2020 at 10:58 PM.

  2. #322
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South Western NC
    Posts
    2,070
    Quote Originally Posted by roadie View Post
    The problem here is that there's no way to prove that the bible is in fact true. Other writings from other religions have the same chance at being correct as the bible does. The 74 virgin thing may have come from someones imagination, just as the alleged resurrection could have......or,the 74 virgin thing may be entirely true, just as the resurrection thing may. I had thought it was 72 virgins, I ain't about to check on it though.
    Excuse me for laughing, no disrespect intended, but you really don't have a clue do you?

  3. #323
    Boolit Master
    dtknowles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Southeast Louisiana
    Posts
    3,113
    Quote Originally Posted by a danl View Post
    get bill o'reilly's book 'Killing Jesus' he will give info , also a book by Lee Strobell "The Case For Christ" here goes;from the bible ; Luke (one example) chapter 24 verse 38 (after the resurrection ) and he (Jesus) said to them,(his disciples) "why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? See my hands and my feet, that it is i myself. touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that i have.".....you're correct that noone saw the actual resurrection however , when mary magdeline went to the tomb there was an angel there and she thought he was the gardener . he said to her why are you looking for the dead among the living? for He is not here , he has risen.......................maybe i should have said "the resurrected Christ rather than Christ's resurrection.
    That is still the Bible not some other document and it is hear say not eyewitness testimony. How come there is no one saying. "I saw Jesus after he was put in the tomb? We only have second hand accounts and only from his disciples and not from say the Romans or the Pharisees. Testimony for a skeptic is more powerful and from a disciple. A disciple has a motive to lie. It is a fact that Peter is a documented liar, he denied knowing Jesus three times.

    Tim
    Last edited by dtknowles; 02-21-2020 at 11:17 PM.
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

    The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

    The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

  4. #324
    Boolit Buddy
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    That is still the Bible not some other document and it is hear say not eyewitness testimony.

    Tim
    tim, i'm sorry but at this point after 2000 years i'd say it's all hear say. if it can't be accepted by faith then i'd say noone can help you.......................by the way Jesus told Peter ahead of time that he was going to deny him three times before the rooster crowed....what's it take tim?
    Last edited by a danl; 02-21-2020 at 11:27 PM.

  5. #325
    Boolit Buddy
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    Excuse me for laughing, no disrespect intended, but you really don't have a clue do you?



    No offense taken, but I'll tell ya what.

    I'll excuse your ignorance, if you'll excuse mine.

  6. #326
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Casa Grande, AZ
    Posts
    5,524
    Like I said I grew up in the Catholic faith. I remember the sermons at Sunday mass. Still, its hearsay. For all we know God is an Alien. The stories say he can walk on water, turn water into wine, feed hundreds with what was it 6 loaves and fishes? Rise from the dead. Sounds like a supernatural thing or an alien thing to me. Still is hearsay in my opinion no proof only stories second hand by the way. Yet there are people here that believe without a single doubt simple because they have it drummed into them at an yearly age what to believe. Believe that God rose from the dead. Why? The Bible says so. Its proof why? Well just because. Here is the best part... they can poke fun at us the non-believers in the good Christian spirit instead of respecting what we believe. Some of us rely on logic and common sense. Example, your car starts on fire. How do you know? Well, two neighbors witnessed the fire and called 911 and a fire truck was dispatched. See, that is a logical assumption based on fact so I believe it. The story of Adam and Eve having lived a long time having had thousands of children is nonsense. Why? Its impossible for Eve to have that many children unless of course she was non-human which would in my mind start bringing up yet more questions. Sorry, I think the whole concept of religion is based on lies and false truths.

  7. #327
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South Western NC
    Posts
    2,070
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    Testimony for a skeptic is more powerful and from a disciple. A disciple has a motive to lie.
    It should be difficult to say that with a straight face; what do you think would have been the disciple's motive to lie?

    Do you think they - and their followers - wanted to be kicked out of synagogs, separated from their Jewish families and die by stoning? I see nothing attractive about that!

    You think the disciples thought there was money to be made? Not only did all but one of the disciples die by torture and with empty pockets and homeless but so did many of their families. And, general terms, they knew most of that up front; you see lots of riches in that?

    You think a dozen Jewish guys looked forward to being homeless and poverty stricken for the rest of their lives when all they needed to do to get out of deadly trouble was testify they were "lying" about the resurrection? Or do you really "think" they figgered that as Christians they would live as highly respected men in a Jewish land?

    You say there are no "eye witnesses" to the risen Christ in the Bible? There are several eyewitness accounts but the most impressive is found in I Cor 15:6. What other kind of witnesses do you require, what would it take for you to believe them? And don't say they had a mass delusion; that's silly, no 500 people are going to have the same delusion at the same time!

    Tim, I know you "think" you think a lot but I can assure you that your perception would be greatly improved if you didn't insist on looking at this Jesus stuff through a small brown orifice!


    * Side Note #1:

    It's impossible to take serious anyone who even casually equates Islam with Christianity. For one thing, they've never feared for their lives and family safety around Christians but, sooner or later, Muslims plan to behead them, enslave their children and make their wives sex toys. And that's not my foolish "thought-up" hyperbole BS, it's in their book.

    Note #2:

    I should and do respect people. But I do not respect people's foolish errors of belief no matter how firmly held, nor do Christians have a duty to do so. Wrong is wrong, no amount of respect can change that.

    I know people who actually believe the world is flat and several who don't believe we put men on the moon; some believe 9-11 was a massive US. government black ops. Those are all wrong beliefs so, no matter what some stoned college "professor" says, neither I nor anyone else has a duty to "respect" those silly beliefs.

    I don't "respect" wrong religious beliefs either; wrong is wrong. The other errors are harmless but that one error has disasterous eternal consequences!

    Christians have a God directed duty to try to get non-believers to actually think it through and find truth for themselves but that's all we have a duty to do.

    Few of us are eager for long running but pointless arguments with those who, like Tim, refuse to really think ... and, in that refusal or inability, they certainly aren't unique (2 Tim 3:7).
    Last edited by 1hole; 02-22-2020 at 01:36 PM.

  8. #328
    Boolit Master
    dtknowles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Southeast Louisiana
    Posts
    3,113
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    It should be difficult to say that with a straight face; what do you think would have been the disciple's motive to lie?

    Do you think they - and their followers - wanted to be kicked out of synagogs, separated from their Jewish families and die by stoning? I see nothing attractive about that!

    You think there was money to be made? Not only did all but one of the disciples die by torture and with empty pockets and homeless but so did many of their families. You see lots of riches in that?

    You think a dozen Jewish guys looked forward to being homeless and poverty stricken for the rest of their lives when all they needed to do to get out of it was testestify they were "lying"? Do you really "think" they thought that as Christians they would live as highly respected men in their land?

    You say there are no "eye witnesses" to the risen Christ in the Bible? There are several such eyewitness accounts but the most impressive is found in I Cor 15:6; what kind of witness account do you require? And don't say it was a mass delusion; that's silly, no 500 people are going to have the same delusion at the same time!

    Tim, I know you "think" you think a lot but I can assure you that your perception would be greatly improved if you didn't insist on looking at this Jesus stuff through a small brown orifice!


    * Side Note:

    It's impossible to take serious anyone who even casually equates Islam with Christianity. For one thing, they've never feared for their lives and family around Christians but, sooner or later, Muslims plan to behead them, enslave their children and make their wife a sex toy. And that's not my foolish "thought-up" hyperbole, it's in their book.
    Did 500 people report seeing the risen Christ or did one person report that 500 people witnessed the risen Christ. How many of those maybe exaggerated 500 people had actually seen the Jesus while he was alive to recognize him after his death.

    Besides, these are all still Bible Stories. What about something that is not from the Bible. Some independent accounts.

    I can provide a motive for the disciples to lie. Once they have taken the path of being an evangelical disciple and facing potential persecution then exaggerating the works and holiness of their Messiah elevates their religion and their position. You will need a very powerful Savior to attract a following if they are facing persecution.

    Actually there are no historical records of the deaths of the Apostles to prove that they died Martyrs or even that they were persecuted. There are only stories and legends. There are historical records that the Romans did persecute Christians and it is not unlikely that the Apostles were Martyred but there are no contemporary records only stories and legends. The Romans kept many records but it does not seem that the Apostles were of particular note to the Roman Leadership. Christianity at the time of the Apostles was so very tiny a population.

    http://philandmartha.org/ministry/ho...year-ad-100-2/

    Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

    The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

    The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

  9. #329
    Boolit Grand Master popper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,673
    Lots of arguments about who is right and who is a better person. Actually makes NO difference! None of us are 'good'!
    So you want to believe in an 'alien' god. So where did he come from, who is he, who 'made' him? Life elsewhere in the universe? How big is the universe? Answers? None coming?
    Is God real, are Heaven & Hell real? Does it matter? To those that believe, yes - to others - nope. If we believers die and are wrong, no big deal! To non-believers I suppose they think we have wasted our lives attempting to be 'good'. If, on the other hand, non-believers are wrong - opps, big problem for them. Is this just a form of 'fire insurance' as some believe? That appears to be the attitude of some but fails as the Bible tells us.
    For me, a very convincing argument is the vehement opposition from non-believers being so great about something they don't believe is a form of 'proof' in the validity of a God, Jesus and Satan. Why do you fight so hard against what you think is a lie when you have no proof that your alternative is correct, nor can you agree on what your alternative actually is? To me, that is an extremely foolish and illogical argument!
    On one hand, believers 'care' about others eternal well being. On the other hand, non-believers have no reason to 'care' about us. Your 'loved' one dies, why do you care? If just 'biological', just get another. You are not a psychopath, you have emotion but where does THAT come from? You still got no answer!
    Whatever!

  10. #330
    Boolit Buddy
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    Lots of arguments about who is right and who is a better person. Actually makes NO difference! None of us are 'good'!
    So you want to believe in an 'alien' god. So where did he come from, who is he, who 'made' him? Life elsewhere in the universe? How big is the universe? Answers? None coming?
    Is God real, are Heaven & Hell real? Does it matter? To those that believe, yes - to others - nope. If we believers die and are wrong, no big deal! To non-believers I suppose they think we have wasted our lives attempting to be 'good'. If, on the other hand, non-believers are wrong - opps, big problem for them. Is this just a form of 'fire insurance' as some believe? That appears to be the attitude of some but fails as the Bible tells us.
    For me, a very convincing argument is the vehement opposition from non-believers being so great about something they don't believe is a form of 'proof' in the validity of a God, Jesus and Satan. Why do you fight so hard against what you think is a lie when you have no proof that your alternative is correct, nor can you agree on what your alternative actually is? To me, that is an extremely foolish and illogical argument!
    On one hand, believers 'care' about others eternal well being. On the other hand, non-believers have no reason to 'care' about us. Your 'loved' one dies, why do you care? If just 'biological', just get another. You are not a psychopath, you have emotion but where does THAT come from? You still got no answer!
    well said . tim is grasping for straws that don't exist ...noone here can help except the Holy Spirit..

  11. #331
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South Western NC
    Posts
    2,070
    Quote Originally Posted by bmortell View Post
    maybe im the only one who thinks it but if i was a clever creator making a sorting process for the afterlife. finding out who will blindly follow something with no proof and repeat whatever I tell them and rage wars over it forever seems like an easy test for exclusion. people say theres traps, but don't consider that they are looking at it..
    There is such a "creator", his name is Allah.

  12. #332
    Boolit Buddy
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    That is still the Bible not some other document and it is hear say not eyewitness testimony. How come there is no one saying. "I saw Jesus after he was put in the tomb? We only have second hand accounts and only from his disciples and not from say the Romans or the Pharisees. Testimony for a skeptic is more powerful and from a disciple. A disciple has a motive to lie. It is a fact that Peter is a documented liar, he denied knowing Jesus three times.

    Tim
    tim, if another document was to come along , you wouldn't believe that either , so what's the point tim? all you're doing is creating havoc , i'm saying so-long

  13. #333
    Boolit Grand Master popper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,673
    The Bible explicitly states that the Trinity is the creator (Master of the Universe) that makes the 'rules', disobedience has consequences. Acceptance of the Trinity relieves the consequences. The Bible also states that there are forces (and people) that are against the Trinity (man made 'rules'?). The Bible then goes on to give examples of the rules, errors and consequences. I have no problem with discussions and thoughts (interpretations) of language & 'historical' details.
    Whatever!

  14. #334
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    Lots of arguments about who is right and who is a better person. Actually makes NO difference! None of us are 'good'!
    So you want to believe in an 'alien' god. So where did he come from, who is he, who 'made' him? Life elsewhere in the universe? How big is the universe? Answers? None coming?
    Is God real, are Heaven & Hell real? Does it matter? To those that believe, yes - to others - nope. If we believers die and are wrong, no big deal! To non-believers I suppose they think we have wasted our lives attempting to be 'good'. If, on the other hand, non-believers are wrong - opps, big problem for them. Is this just a form of 'fire insurance' as some believe? That appears to be the attitude of some but fails as the Bible tells us.
    For me, a very convincing argument is the vehement opposition from non-believers being so great about something they don't believe is a form of 'proof' in the validity of a God, Jesus and Satan. Why do you fight so hard against what you think is a lie when you have no proof that your alternative is correct, nor can you agree on what your alternative actually is? To me, that is an extremely foolish and illogical argument!
    On one hand, believers 'care' about others eternal well being. On the other hand, non-believers have no reason to 'care' about us. Your 'loved' one dies, why do you care? If just 'biological', just get another. You are not a psychopath, you have emotion but where does THAT come from? You still got no answer!
    I cant agree with any of that really. the alternative to the bible is the laws of physics. its the best explanation of everything we got, we call things a theory until they are proven, and update the model when its wrong. if something is unknown the simplest answer that requires the smallest step is the best place to start testing.
    people have always attributed some supernatural explanation to things that are outside of their current knowledge and then the laws of physics explains it. for example before the microscope was invented people were dumbfounded on how a jar of water could develop creatures swimming in it if you let it sit sealed on your desk for a while. so people thought things like god must be seeding life in this spot, no other way it got in my sealed jar. same thing with the sun, rain, bad seas, thinking people are witches, you name it. a simple answer has been found for all of them one after another. most of peoples disagreement with religion would be settled if religious people were willing to call things a theory instead of using god as proof of fact on everything they don't know.

    and being religious or not has nothing to do with a person being good or bad, so far every person ive met with narcissistic personality disorder, pedophilia and some weird thing for punishing children have all been very openly catholic people. theres plenty of garbage people around without calling them on a side.

  15. #335
    Boolit Buddy
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    229
    Roadie, first off, thanks for answering my questions and sharing your views/beliefs.

    I'm not on the same page as you but like reading different views on things discussed here.
    Some people here get rattled and I suspect feel somewhat threatened to some degree when opposing views are stated.
    It's obvious from some of their comments.
    But, on the whole, they mean well and are trying to get you and others to "see the light", their way.
    Quote Originally Posted by roadie View Post
    ....
    It's been said that god wrote the bible, not true. Man wrote it, man put his interpretation of things into it many times over the course of history. Sure, it can be argued that it contains god's thoughts and these people just recorded them, but there are many, many people who have others living in their heads due to many different things. Some of those people haven't been the nicest ones you could meet. I have no idea how many translations have been done, more than a few I think.
    Yes, the translation thing.
    I think it was, what...300 years after Christ when the Bible was written?
    I can't help but think that things were forgotten or passed on verbally time after time to the point of introducing some......errors.
    Then, there is the language barrier of the original text (Aramaic, Greek?) that needed to be translated to modern day languages. Certainly more room for error there.
    Overall though, it is what we have and is full of good stuff and is a historical document as well.


    I really don't know what I am, never cared enough to label my beliefs as atheist, or whatever other labels there are. I believe we live and die like any other critter on Earth has for eons. Then we go back to the Earth in whatever form, ashes, bug food......except for the ones who get frozen, mind you, a power failure could raise havoc with their plans on that deal. I think Heaven is the result of man's abject terror on realizing he is not immortal........what if? It sounds much more like someone playing the odds, grabbing at straws, than a true belief in an afterlife and a Heaven.
    Yes, labels.....I do not much care for them either.
    I can see where, for someone that does not believe in God, one could have that view about heaven.
    "Fire and Brimstone" was the mantra that threatened non-believers back "then" and to some degree today.

    I also believe that being as this Earth is here, other possibilities most certainly exist, though I don't buy into the Creation thing. More likely a couple of rocks crashed into each other and the Earth was born after a few billion years and the cooking of the needed ingredients delivered the critters, including man. I have no idea where the rocks came from and I really don't care, some things are just what they are. But certainly, possibilities do exist for other life forms, other planets......maybe we all just vaporize into space and join up with all the other energy out there.
    The problem with that view is that the rocks had to have come from somewhere.
    What was the origin?
    Perhaps remnants from the Big Bang Theory? Which then brings up the question of where did the elements that exploded come from.
    Some say Life is just a dream. Hmmmm,....could be.
    I marvel at all the different plant life, bugs, animals, etc., each with their own physiology and complexities.
    Just the "mechanics" of our sensory system of seeing, feeling, etc.. It's mind blowing.
    I just see "Intelligent Design" everywhere. I just cannot see where this all just happened by itself.
    I see it as God's Creation.

    From there things get crazy with all of the different man made religions that state one thing or another.
    A lot conflicting with each other, which adds to the confusion for one trying to settle in on what to believe.

  16. #336
    Boolit Buddy
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    Lots of arguments about who is right and who is a better person. Actually makes NO difference! None of us are 'good'!
    So you want to believe in an 'alien' god. So where did he come from, who is he, who 'made' him? Life elsewhere in the universe? How big is the universe? Answers? None coming?
    Is God real, are Heaven & Hell real? Does it matter? To those that believe, yes - to others - nope. If we believers die and are wrong, no big deal! To non-believers I suppose they think we have wasted our lives attempting to be 'good'. If, on the other hand, non-believers are wrong - opps, big problem for them. Is this just a form of 'fire insurance' as some believe? That appears to be the attitude of some but fails as the Bible tells us.
    For me, a very convincing argument is the vehement opposition from non-believers being so great about something they don't believe is a form of 'proof' in the validity of a God, Jesus and Satan. Why do you fight so hard against what you think is a lie when you have no proof that your alternative is correct, nor can you agree on what your alternative actually is? To me, that is an extremely foolish and illogical argument!
    On one hand, believers 'care' about others eternal well being. On the other hand, non-believers have no reason to 'care' about us. Your 'loved' one dies, why do you care? If just 'biological', just get another. You are not a psychopath, you have emotion but where does THAT come from? You still got no answer!


    Your post is foolish and illogical. I have met no non-believers who get all bent outa shape like believers do. I have met some fellas who believe, and talk about nasty if you don't agree with them, they'll show you all about nasty right now.....well, try to anyway. It's like you gored their ox, or kicked their dog or something. Every non believer I've met has the attitude of "live and let live", don't kick my dog, I won't kick yours. Sure, there are extremists on either side, but you don't get to tar them all with the same brush.

    This thread is about opinions of the bible and it ain't the non believers getting all upset by the opinions being put forth. Another thing, you don't have to be a believer to be "good", you don't have to be a believer to love someone and mourn the loss of them till the very day you die. Saying anything else that besmirches good people is just an example of the hubris, and arrogance that believers project very openly and often. They're one of the reasons for non believers, cause who would want to believe in something that turns them into an arrogant fool.

  17. #337
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South Western NC
    Posts
    2,070
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    Actually there are no historical records of the deaths of the Apostles to prove that they died Martyrs or even that they were persecuted. There are only stories and legends. There are historical records that the Romans did persecute Christians and it is not unlikely that the Apostles were Martyred but there are no contemporary records only stories and legends.
    Actually, specially about the historical records, you're wrong again. Every historical account ever dug up could easily be deemed "stories and legends" and tossed aside by "smart" people like yourself but deeming something doesn't make it so. Truth is, there have been literally thousands of bits of old writings found in and around the Holy Land. After due scholastic examination and comparison, not one clearly identified fragment has contradicted scripture.

    So, again I ask, what evidence do you require to make a historical account of anything believable? No one questions the existence of good ol' Harry Stottle the Greek but we only have a few scraps of anything he wrote while there are tens of thousands for the Bible. So .... maybe we're not too dumm to stick with what makes sense?

    The Romans kept many records but it does not seem that the Apostles were of particular note to the Roman Leadership. Christianity at the time of the Apostles was so very tiny a population.
    Yes, the Romans kept records of a lot of things, including their years of massive persecutions of the tiny but growing sect known as Christians. But, if you say Josephus wasn't a certified Jewish/Roman historian you might be right ... except it's well known that ol' Joe was exactly that and HE recorded much of what's in scripture at that time. Sure, Joe could have written Greek-type stories and legends but many of his contemporaries would have known it at the time and exposed him as a lier; none did so.


    Tim, I find it interesting that you again take off in different directions with misdirection rabbit trail questions but you don't bother to address the single direct question about what motives you think led the disciples to "lie" about their experiences with the risen Lord Jesus. So, I ask again, "What motive do you think caused them to lie themselves to death?"

    The disciples couldn't know the details of their coming persecution but they sure knew it was to come (John 16:2). They, all of them but John, went to their (recorded) grizzly deaths rather than recant. Do you deem all of their amply recorded (separate, but unanimous) courage while enduring painful deaths to protect irrelevant stories and legends of a (pointless) group lie?

  18. #338
    Boolit Grand Master popper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,673
    Your post is foolish and illogical Actually my post is exactly what the Bible says. It may seem illogical to what man thinks. Agreed that some with 'religious' fever and attitude can be obnoxious and harmful. Bible states that. If you've read the Bible and understand it, why gripe about the 'religious' actions of others? My comment was NONE of us is good, not that I look down on non-believers.
    Whatever!

  19. #339
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,418
    Actually you have no answer other than waving around your bible.
    The human race did without all of that for about 100,000 years and the New World did without it another 1492 years. Then look what happened to the New World when the christians set foot on land. Disease, theft and plunder... Nice bunch of Catholics they were.

    Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    Lots of arguments about who is right and who is a better person. Actually makes NO difference! None of us are 'good'!
    So you want to believe in an 'alien' god. So where did he come from, who is he, who 'made' him? Life elsewhere in the universe? How big is the universe? Answers? None coming?
    Is God real, are Heaven & Hell real? Does it matter? To those that believe, yes - to others - nope. If we believers die and are wrong, no big deal! To non-believers I suppose they think we have wasted our lives attempting to be 'good'. If, on the other hand, non-believers are wrong - opps, big problem for them. Is this just a form of 'fire insurance' as some believe? That appears to be the attitude of some but fails as the Bible tells us.
    For me, a very convincing argument is the vehement opposition from non-believers being so great about something they don't believe is a form of 'proof' in the validity of a God, Jesus and Satan. Why do you fight so hard against what you think is a lie when you have no proof that your alternative is correct, nor can you agree on what your alternative actually is? To me, that is an extremely foolish and illogical argument!
    On one hand, believers 'care' about others eternal well being. On the other hand, non-believers have no reason to 'care' about us. Your 'loved' one dies, why do you care? If just 'biological', just get another. You are not a psychopath, you have emotion but where does THAT come from? You still got no answer!
    EDG

  20. #340
    Boolit Master
    exile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,048
    "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away." Matthew 24:35 (NASB)
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

    "The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Abbreviations used in Reloading

BP Bronze Point IMR Improved Military Rifle PTD Pointed
BR Bench Rest M Magnum RN Round Nose
BT Boat Tail PL Power-Lokt SP Soft Point
C Compressed Charge PR Primer SPCL Soft Point "Core-Lokt"
HP Hollow Point PSPCL Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt" C.O.L. Cartridge Overall Length
PSP Pointed Soft Point Spz Spitzer Point SBT Spitzer Boat Tail
LRN Lead Round Nose LWC Lead Wad Cutter LSWC Lead Semi Wad Cutter
GC Gas Check