Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
WidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prilosec

Moderator Emeritus

I had a hiatal hernia and bleeding esophagus in the early 90's. I was on Xantac 75 three pills a day alternate one month then Prilosec for 30 days before two name changes. When it was new they didn't want anyone taking it for over 30 days. I opted for some surgery when my esophagus showed first stages of Barrets syndrome, [cancerous tissue that doesn't heal]. I had surgery and have had to take tums 6 or 7 times a year. [Nissen fundoplasty]. I wouldn't recommend the surgery to anyone unless your Dr does but I cannot see someone being tied to drugs for the rest of your life. In 1994 my cost was $100 a month.
    Keep a food chart, figure out your triggers, eat 5 or 6 small meals a day and write down everything you eat or drink. When you find your triggers stay away from them, and see what you need then. I am sure those on the receiving end of the Monsanto lawsuit didn't care about the fine print either, but if it says don't use for over 14 days there is probably a good reason.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    I take several meds that are doctor ordered for me due to a past surgery. One of these meds is for heartburn control that is caused by some of the other meds. The doctor also has me on calcium supplements and annual bone density checks. For anyone taking meds that threaten their bone strength it might benefit them to speak to their pharmacist about calcium supplements.

Boolit Buddy
    Been taking OTC Pepcid once or twice a day as necessary, on the orders of the Gastro MD who cauterized my bleeding 3cm ulcer a few years ago. A most unpleasant experience. They couldn’t come up with an Anesthesiologist on short notice, so I was awake and strapped down.

Also I don’t have any more alcohol, caffeine, spicy food, or anything else that’s good.

Boolit Master

I follow my DR's advise. I eat lots of things I could not without Prilosec and my stomack is protected from other drugs I take.

Got a problem I will ask my doctor and not a forum on the internet.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    I follow my DR's advise. I eat lots of things I could not without Prilosec and my stomack is protected from other drugs I take.

Got a problem I will ask my doctor and not a forum on the internet.
    Well Excuse me all to ---- Geeser above the Arctic Circle. I have asked my Doctor and he said I haven't shown any ill effects so far. He went on to say, try it every other day and let him know if I notice any changes. I simply wanted to see how it effects others. If the effects are to come many years down the road, so what, I will soon be 85.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    I was diagnosed with a hieatal (?) Hernia some years ago and had acid reflux really bad. The worse thing for me was a piece of green bell pepper. Anything bigger than my thumbnail would have me writhing in pain on the floor. I took Prilosec for about a year or so and then stopped on my own to see what would happen.

I found that I could eat anything just like normal people, but there are a few times that I can taste things twice, but nothing like it used to be. So..... I'll eat whatever I want now, and seldom have repercussions.

But that's me.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12