MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackboxInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Load Data
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Magnums and aging wrists

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Must be from stacking and installing AG and semi truck tires for decades. It’s starting to catch up with me. Some day When I’m old and grey I’ll just use trail boss loads in my 44’s as they won’t ever leave my side.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    Must be from stacking and installing AG and semi truck tires for decades. It’s starting to catch up with me.
    Feel that brother. I did a couple 100 truck tires in my time but nothing like that.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Been out of the heavies for about 5 years now. Up until the place closed I was stacking 800lb farm rears chest high and truck floats above my head twice a week when we would get our shipments...by myself.lol We had a forklift but I volunteered to do it for the exercise and stress relief.

Boolit Master
    I have found it beneficial to shoot my .357/.41/.44 Magnums at 1,000 FPS for my target shooting. Most magnum pistol loads shoot at 1,200~1,250 FPS; at 1,000 FPS one is at 80% of full velocity. I use a fast shotgun powder, with a small charge. Plenty of power for shooting and it is easier on my brass, pistols, & wrists. I also have found using weights and using them to do curls, will mitigate sore wrists when shooting heavier loads.

Boolit Master
    As a 72-year-old owner of 2 SBH revolvers, I have found a couple things that noticeably reduce recoil. The one with a red dot sight kicks less than the one with only iron sights. I once tried a friend's SBH with rubber grips, and I'll stay with smooth "spin in your hand" grips. Not only do they make less felt recoil, but it puts the hammer near my thumb for the next shot. I'm not sure that velocities much over 1000 fps provide an advantage with a wide meplat cast bullet, either. If I need speed from a cast 44 bullet, I'll use my Marlin 1894.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234