RotoMetals2Inline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
Snyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smith and Wesson 686 no dash factory repair cost

Boolit Buddy
    Douglas Ridge Rifle Club, Eagle Creek, Oregon
    Well, I got it back and it's just perfect. Looks like they even reamed all the chambers to match. I'm very happy.

Boolit Master

congrats let us know how she shoots
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramson222 View Post
    Well, I got it back and it's just perfect. Looks like they even reamed all the chambers to match. I'm very happy.
    Awesome !

You now have a new again L-frame S&W. In fact, you may have a better than new S&W.

Thanks for coming back and reporting a follow up. Sounds like S&W did a lot for the $200. Yet another reason why they’re a favorite of mine. Enjoy the heirloom!

Boolit Master

I sent a 1911 back to Kimber for repair of a problem that I caused. No question of warranty. They essentially replaced the barrel and bushing, inspected the entire gun for any further damage and test fired the gun and returned it to me. The total cost including my cost to ship it to them was $335. You got a bargain.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Bub
    I don't think they will send your gun back still needing something. The price sounds ok to me. Not every shade tree gunsmith can work on a revolver.
    I'M FROM THE GOVERNMENT....I'M HERE TO HELP!!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Life Member View Post
    I don't think they will send your gun back still needing something. The price sounds ok to me. Not every shade tree gunsmith can work on a revolver.
    First that is a good price on the repair so I would not have an issue with that.

Second they will send it back unrepaired. They will want an inspection fee minimum. A couple of years ago I called on a double action issue on a Smith 469 that I purchased for $175. The tech I talked to claimed the inspection would be free, however, once in hand they wanted $75 for the inspection plus an additional $175 for repair. I said no to this repair since the part was available for $25. They wanted $75 to send it back. Again I said no since I was told it would be free. They said I had to pay for the inspection and their tech was wrong. After about three months the sent it back no charge and not repaired.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    First that is a good price on the repair so I would not have an issue with that.

Second they will send it back unrepaired. They will want an inspection fee minimum. A couple of years ago I called on a double action issue on a Smith 469 that I purchased for $175. The tech I talked to claimed the inspection would be free, however, once in hand they wanted $75 for the inspection plus an additional $175 for repair. I said no to this repair since the part was available for $25. They wanted $75 to send it back. Again I said no since I was told it would be free. They said I had to pay for the inspection and their tech was wrong. After about three months the sent it back no charge and not repaired.
    I was under the impression that he already had the gun in hand, repaired.

I don't blame you for not letting them repair the gun and not paying the ransom,
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    I was under the impression that he already had the gun in hand, repaired.

I don't blame you for not letting them repair the gun and not paying the ransom,
    Yep
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramson222 View Post
    I was commenting on the post that they won't send it back without repair.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12