Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Half Moon Club

Boolit Master

I earned mine zeroing my 7mmRUM. After that incident I sent it to my smith to have a break installed. Now it is a pleasure to shoot.
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Banned

I've done this twice. Once while zeroing a scoped 12 gauge slug gun, then again years later with a Remington 700 in .35 Whelen.

I have become rather recoil averse the past few years. The heavy recoil in unnecessary for anything I am likely to ever do, so it is highly unlikely to happen to me again.

Boolit Master
    I took the gun back. We had some coffee and talk.

I can keep the Karl Kaps scope "for indefinite testing period". Fair enough,it has my DNA now.

Vendor Sponsor

yes with a Serbu 50 BMG shooting off hand ( gun about 22 lbs with scope) my knees buckled and I almost went to the ground. Got claps and cheers all around.
    Had my Idiot cut for weeks
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

8mm Remington Magnum and .300 Weatherby are the only ones that made me bleed. The hard & fast kickers are the worst. Surprisingly the .338, 358, .375 and .458 magnums never got me and I'd still shoot them- just not like I used to!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Petander View Post
    I took the gun back. We had some coffee and talk.

I can keep the Karl Kaps scope "for indefinite testing period". Fair enough,it has my DNA now.
    Ahhhh the infamous "Order Of The Scarlet Crescent" I see. This has eluded me as I am equipped with a judicious amount of foresight, tempered with watching others who weren't so gifted earn theirs....
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    Ahhhh the infamous "Order Of The Scarlet Crescent" I see. This has eluded me as I am equipped with a judicious amount of foresight, tempered with watching others who weren't so gifted earn theirs....
    My foresight was reasonable,I thought I was given a working firearm to test. So did the shop,although they had never fired it. They thought it was ok.

Instead being ok the Encore action violently opens up when it's being fired... the stock jumps down,falls from your shoulder and the rest jump at you...

Boolit Master
    I've been practising like a madman to make sure I didn't get a flinch/fear/whatsoever shooting problem from the incident.

All is going good,45-70 was breaking clays on the berm @ 75 m as usual with Hi Tek coated RCBS 325 @ 1900 fps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190717_231401_196.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	245333

In Remembrance

Got a friend that put a rifle scope on a 12 ga. 870, someone else sighted in the shotgun for him and come deer season opening day he drew down on a buck and "POW" right in the eyeball. He was tucked in behind a tree and some brush so he thought a tree branch got him when he moved with the deer, later that day another deer came thru and sure enough "POW", the second one brought blood. He no longer believes in scopes on shotguns.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Got mine sighting in a friends 300 win mag with a cheap optic he mounted way to far back. Only one. i learned not to shoot other people’s optic mounted guns that I didn't set up after that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12