Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help the LEO's

Boolit Master

Help the LEO's

A man I worked with went Deer hunting last fall he hunts about 200 miles from home. I bumped into him at a local store yesterday and asked how it went. Not to well it seems. Someone broke into his pickup and stole a rifle. He was livid. When he spoke to the local Deputies about it they asked for a serial number. He couldn't provide one. They told him it's pretty hard to do much about it when you can't identify it. There's a great many Remington 700 ADL's in 30-06 hunting everyday.
    I mentioned taking the time to write your serial numbers down on the back of a business card and keep it in your wallet. I usually take 3 sometimes 4 firearms with me on a hunt that far from home. I don't carry them all at once. So there's a chance someone can steal them where I've stored them. I do write down the serial numbers on a piece of paper and keep it in my wallet. At least try to CYA.

Boolit Master
    Good advice.

Thanks for sharing.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    I use Gun Log SPC, from the Apple ITunes Store. I have the program on my PC, and on my IPhone. I have all my firearms information available to me at all times.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by marlin39a View Post
    I use Gun Log SPC, from the Apple ITunes Store. I have the program on my PC, and on my IPhone. I have all my firearms information available to me at all times.
    Thats a good idea. I have never heard of that. I keep a master list of mine at home, stored in 2 different places. With a phone call and a few minutes I could have mine.

Boolit Master
    most of the mountains in Idaho don't have cell service

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    most of the mountains in Idaho don't have cell service
    It's a free standing app. Stores the data on your phone. No cell service, no problem.

Boolit Master

or type up a list and e-mail yourself a copy.

Banned
    Why do people have to steal anyway?

I have started just taking a few pictures of each new to me firearm, making sure to get a close-up of the serial number and then emailing them to myself and saving them in the appropriate folders on multiple devices. I also make sure to not delete the emails just in case.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    Why do people have to steal anyway?
    They're either too lazy to work, or they need money for drugs, in my experience.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

During my 30 years in law enforcement, I lost count on how many stolen firearms I recovered due to the victim taking time to record make, model, caliber, and serial number. That information goes into a state and nation wide computer that any cop can access. On a drug raid I located 28 firearms stored in a hallway corner of a drug dealer's home. I knew everyone was a stolen firearm that the drug dealer took in as money for dope. Of those 28 firearms, I was only able to confirm that 4 was stolen and was returned to the lawful owner. The other 24 was not in the computer system due to the owners failing to provide the needed information to the officer that took their stolen firearm report.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    Good advice.

Thanks for sharing.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Great Advice
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

You should write down the serial numbers, and save them, but...….

If not, at least be able to describe, the weapon. It has a scratches on the left side from crossing a fence, dent from my son dropping it, etc.... This information should be in the report. So when I go to the pawn shop, I can look at the report and say that rifle third from the left matches what I have written down on this report!!!!! We all know every detail about our rifles/pistols, put it in the report, DETAILS matter!!!!

Can't stand a damn thief.

Boolit Master
    I had a stolen shotgun returned to me by the Dallas police a few years after it was reported. Sure enough, a drug dealer had it.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...stops-n1028991

Four hours ago.

It took over a 1000 hours of work to uncover this guy's misdeeds. How many more are out there, doing this and not getting caught?

Quote:
    During most of these stops, the deputy would turn off his body camera and “tailor his recordings to conceal his criminal activity,” authorities said.
    Quote:
    A former Florida sheriff's deputy was arrested Wednesday after authorities alleged he planted drugs and falsely charged dozens of innocent motorists after pulling them over under the guise of a minor traffic stop.

Jackson County Deputy Zachary Wester was taken into custody in Crawfordville, about 20 miles south of Tallahassee, after a yearlong investigation by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement revealed that he frequently stopped drivers for minor traffic infractions and then covertly planted methamphetamine and other drugs in their vehicles while conducting a search, authorities said in a statement.
    Quote:
    After “finding” the drugs, he would pin motorists with bogus criminal charges and arrest them.

Wester’s actions led prosecutors to drop charges in almost 120 cases that occurred between 2016 and 2018, including one man who lost custody of his daughter as a result of the false arrest.

In October 2017, Benjamin Bowling was falsely charged and arrested by Wester for possessing methamphetamine while driving to the store to pick up diapers, according to the arrest warrant. Florida's child welfare agency had recently awarded Bowling custody of his daughter after being released from prison on a DUI conviction, but as a result of the false arrest, he lost custody of the child.

"There is no question that Wester's crimes were deliberate and that his actions put innocent people in jail," FDLE Pensacola Assistant Special Agent in Charge Chris Williams said in a statement.
    East Tennessee

Snowwolfe:
    That is sickening and maddening beyond belief. I wonder if this sleaze was the only member of the force that was able to "locate" drugs in traffic stops with such stellar results? Was busting drivers for possession at routine traffic stops such a common thing that his supposed success just blended in or was he the star of the show at awards time for his abilities? Dishonest people like this that are in public positions of power and authority deserve more punishment than simply rotting in jail and paying restitution can extract from them.

Boolit Master
    Daveco,
    Who knows??? Plenty of good LEO's that deserve our support but then you always have a bad apple in the bunch. But the bad apples seem to be increasing and that makes me very nervous.
    East Tennessee

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I just take a picture of all my guns and use serial# as photo name. Will also list any identifying marks then i put data on cd .i keep one under the mat in a tool box one in each gun safe i also have every sales slip on every gun i bought. With copies on each cd. I had a break in back in the 80's and this is how i got some back. Some came back from all the way across the state.

photos are worth a 1k words

and you can back it all up on the cloud for free.

I challenge all of you to take 3 photos of each firearm today and back it up to the cloud.

one of each side and the serial number.

free Google account or Microsoft.

or backup to a thumbdrive whatever.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I have an app called My Arms Cache that I really like. You can input your complete description plus multiple photos. All info is stored on my phone and PC, no internet required.

I started using this app after my car was broken into and my “car gun” was stolen. I was able to go to my FFL and get the necessary information but it required an hour of search time to retrieve the hard copy of the 4473. Now I have the info on my phone, iPad and pc, plus it’s password protected. Easy access to the info you need for an insurance claim or a police report.
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast