WidenersLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackbox
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: RCBS Pro-Melt 2 gone?

Boolit Master

RCBS Pro-Melt 2 gone?

It appears that the Pro-Melt 2 has been removed from the RCBS website. Also there doesn't seem to be many available out there.

I wonder if RCBS is throwing in the towel on Chinese production?
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master
    Or,if we’re lucky, listening to the forum and fixing the cool down issue, or if we’re really lucky going back to the PM1?

Boolit Master

it's still in the catalog. It is an okay pot work about has well has your China phone or computer.

Boolit Man
    Optics planet has them in stock but you are right. RCBS did remove it from the website. Going to call them and find out what's up since I own one and actually like it. Hope it is not a recall.

UPDATE: Contacted RCBS. They said the Pro-Melt 2 is NOT discontinued and there is no recall on it. Guy on phone said they are waiting for a big shipment to come in but that's about it. He also said that he almost never deals with that particular product because very few people ever call in about it. FYI, the rep sounded like an elderly gentleman and was very helpful and sounded very sincere. Therefore, I doubt he was blowing smoke up my rear.
    Last edited by DiverJay; 10-08-2019 at 12:11 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DiverJay View Post
    Optics planet has them in stock but you are right. RCBS did remove it from the website. Going to call them and find out what's up since I own one and actually like it. Hope it is not a recall.
    Let us know what they tell ya.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DiverJay View Post

UPDATE: Contacted RCBS. They said the Pro-Melt 2 is NOT discontinued and there is no recall on it. Guy on phone said they are waiting for a big shipment to come in but that's about it. He also said that he almost never deals with that particular product because very few people ever call in about it. FYI, the rep sounded like an elderly gentleman and was very helpful and sounded very sincere. Therefore, I doubt he was blowing smoke up my rear.
    They have always been good to me.

Boolit Master
    RCBS has always had excellent service after the sale. But as far as I am concerned the old Pro-melt did what I needed it to do better than anything out there. Sometimes the old, "If it ain't broke don't fix it" is the best way to go.

Boolit Master
    That is one thing I’ll say about my interactions with RCBS, they seem very dedicated to making sure the customer has what the need and supporting them in making it work. I had an email chain with the product development team a while back asking why they got rid of the old PM1 when so many people loved it. Seemed to me like there was a market for both the PM1 and the PM2. They were very engaging and interested in having a dialogue with me about my thoughts. Something most companies avoid nowadays. They definitely earned my respect on that interaction alone.