Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading

Thread: New Crosman 2300KT Problem

Boolit Master

New Crosman 2300KT Problem

My new Crosman 2300KT from the custom shop was delivered today. Imagine my surprise when I opened the box and found the gun had no rear sight. Called Crosman customer service immediately. The patient lady on the phone informed me that there was no rear sight ordered.

After a few questions and an equal number of explanations, I found out that the rear sight should have been chosen from the options under "optics". I guess old age has left me with a brain that isn't flexible enough to recognize that optics means all kinds of sights. I completely ignored that option when choosing what I wanted on my pistol.

Didn't keep me from loading a CO2 cartridge and firing off a few shots. I have no idea if the Lothar Walther barrel will be more accurate than a standard barrel since I was shooting without a rear sight. The sight should arrive late next week. Till then I guess I will have to be patient. You would think old age would bring a little more attention to detail.
    John
    W.TN

Oh man, that’s a bummer... new gun, no sights, and you were ready to shoot !

Yeah, I had noticed the iron sights and optics are all under the heading of optics on the custom site before. I’ll bet your not the only one that’s happened to before.
    Hope you recieve your sights and get to shoot it soon!!

I’ve been considering a 1377 or 1322 from the custom shop for quite a while now, but keep procrastinating about it. I’ve got a stock 1377 I could mod, but from everything I can tell, it’s cheaper just to get another gun fixed up like I want it from the custom shop... that’s my excuse anyway.

Hope yours is a nail driver when you get your sights.

Boolit Master

I finally got the second rear sight from Crosman. The first was a rattle fit in the dovetail. Obviously, I didn't get one of the Williams sights but got the rear sight that is standard on the regular 2300T. The sight is supposed to slide into the dovetail and tighten up with 2 small screws that bear on the bottom of the dovetail. Crosman customer service recommended that I use a thin shim to enable the screws to tighten the sight. Only one of the screws would work. The other would not accept the allen wrench no matter what I tried.

Crosman customer service suggested they send me a second sight. They said to keep the first in case I needed parts. The second sight arrived today. It is a better fit in the dovetail. The same problem exists with one of the screws but since the sight fits the dovetail better, I was able to secure it in the dovetail with just one of the clamping screws. I will see how long it lasts. Since it was raining, all I could do was fire off a few shots in the shop. I didn't try for accuracy but even with my shaky hands I kept them fairly close. I think this pistol is going to be a hoot. Maybe if I improve my shooting, I may try one of the Williams sights, probably the peep.

I have to say that Crosman's custome service is very good.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

These kinda things are useless problems.

If a person dosent choose a OPTIC. that is in no way shape or form a IRON SITE , thats why its spelled differently because its definition is different how silly that would be to have same definition for two different words.. OOH WAIT... thats what we have! GRRR. Typical result of todays generational lack of accountability. These folks are getting out i to socitey and there ignorance is beginning to be seen and felt.

Just stupid.. GLAD you got a site! We all know that the base gun should come complete with options to upgrade. Not omit required parts.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

Hopefully, my problem will clue others to ask about other possibilities for sights besides the Williams sights, red dot or scope. I hope I would have had sense enough to ask about a standard sight. Maybe not since I didn't choose any kind of sight and I suspect that there may be others that may look at it like I did.
    John
    W.TN