Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: 32 French Longue

Boolit Master

32 French Longue

Greetings! Perhaps this has been addressed before, but has anyone had good luck with reforming cases for this? I have a MAS and a buddy has a lmg that I am asking for. Seems like getting them to chamber correctly and getting them to cycle is a problem. I have fired old milsurp successfully from both, and messed with OAL a ton to achieve the same results - alas, frustrating. I've watched the Forgotten Weapons episodes on this also, and the video from Buffalo Arms.
    Any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Mike Venturino, the gun writer, if I remember correctly, has extensive knowledge about this cartridge and reloading for it. I seem to recall it was his first handgun. He used to pop up on this forum occasionally, but I haven't seen his name here for a long time. You might try contacting him through one of the magazines he writes for.

DG

Boolit Master

Last edited by skeettx; 07-30-2019 at 07:01 PM.
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

I had one a couple years ago. Looked like a 3/4 scale SIG. I had 30 some casings and played with it until I had 20 some casings and traded it. I did fool with trying to make casings but gave up. I wish it had been a 32acp it was a well made and comfortable pistol. I loaded them in 30 carbine sizing die and seated in 32acp. I got no accuracy probably due to my loads. Was shooting a 77gr cast RCBS RN. I think, sold the mold here on forum couple years ago.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Mark a couple of cases with a magic marker. Chamber and extract them. Loo where the cases are scratched on the magic marker lines. Am betting OAl case lengthens or the case Weber’s are too thick Adjust FL die and reduce web diameter
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master
    Thank you for your help! I haven't been able to get any brass from Starline, but have been told there is more coming. We were able to get the pistol going good, but the LMG still doesn't like the load. Going to try some different projectiles next.
    Thanks again!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I've bought a few boxes of Buffalo Arms 7.5mm French pistol ammo....All I have is in re-formed .32S&W long cases....looks like they just machine down the rim and cut a bit of an extractor groove and cut the case to length. I have heard that Star-Line is producing some brass for these but have not seen it yet

The Buffalo Arms ammo works perfect in my M1935A pistol

Boolit Master
    seems to me i just recently got a note from Starline that they are making it again- might check their website.
    Loren