RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: New to me Ruger Precision Rimfire came home today!

Boolit Master

New to me Ruger Precision Rimfire came home today!

I had a couple of pistols, I was into cheap, about $300 total, so I went ot LGS in the next town, since I was going there anyway, to try to make a trade. I had bought an estate collection, 8 handguns, and I only wanted 2, so I have been disposing of them. I has asked the owner what he would take between my guns and the Ruger, he said $20 if they looked to suit him and they did! So I ended up with $320 in a Ruger Precision. I got home and had to do a bunch of stuff, and when I got the rifle scoped, it was getting dark. Will try to get to shoot it tomorrow, hopefully it turns out as good as a buddy of mines did, with come pretty cheap ammo, Winchester Super X, it would shoot a ragged hole at 50 yds, where 5 shots looked like 2 or 3 shots. Will let every one know how it turns out tommorw!

Boolit Grand Master
    Good deal.

Boolit Buddy
    South Texas but sometimes it feels like Northern Mexico
    I was just shooting mine today @ 200 yrds at a metal target. Hilarious fun. Shooting eley match it is amazing how accurate it is as long as the wind is not blowing. The wind will humble you past 100yards with a .22 rf. You shoot watch the little splash on the metal then hear the tink sound come back to you.

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

Mine likes a few different types of 22s What I do not like is the 30 MOA base I am not shooting that far with mine and have a 0 MOA ordered. I been sitting on the porch guarding the bird feed from unwanted visitors. When I am taking a break from that I am shooting 75 yards at mini marsh mellows stuck on toothpicks.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Boolit Buddy

The Ruger Precision Rimfire is just a whole lot of fun! Got mine suppressed so the neighbors don't complain when i'm shooting rock chucks.

Boolit Master
    Came home, cleaned the barrel, put on a an old Redfield 6-18, and did a quick zero at 25 yds. The I got my bench out and with a solid rest, it would put 5 shots into under 1/2 an inch at 50 yds, with 4 different types of ammo. Then I took it out to 100yds and results varied. I don't know if it is a fluke or not, but the CCI Suppresor .22 did the best, with 3-5 shot groups that went into 3/4". Now this was with zero wind, a storm had just blew thru about an hour before, and it was dead calm. The Winchester Power points shot a consistent 1" or slightly over, and some CCI Stingers went 1.5". I had half a box of old, I mean 25 year old, Winchester T-22, and they shot a ragged hole for 5 shots at 50 yds, the one 5 shot group I shot at 100yds with them was about 1.3", all strung vertically. I believe it is going to be a keeper!